Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago my car went to vauxhall to have some work done because the ABS light was on constantly, they found the fault to be with the passenger ABS sensor, they replaced it and everything was fine. A couple of weeks later it went in for recall on the engine wiring loom, on the way home from this the car completely shut down, the electrics completely malfunctioned (headlights on = indicators on, that sort of thing). Took it back to them and they fixed it again.

Now then 1 year on the ABS light comes on again, so i take it to vauxhall and they say the wire going from the sensor to the control unit has broken, and they won't cover it under NORMAL warranty. They say it must have been damaged by something from the road flicking up and hitting it. The salesman person i was dealing with said "don't worry about it, ring up customer services, explain the situation and i'm sure they will cover it, we need clearence from them before we go ahead." he said "it's well in warranty, you're a loyal customer and it's got low milage for the age (23000)"

1 week later they get back and say point blant, they won't cover it....but they will contribute 15% discount.

:|

I had a look at the wire in question, and it has not been broken from an impact. It has rubbed against something through the insulation and eventually destroyed the wire. Obviously they haven't put it back right last time and this has happened. Do they think i can't tell if a wire has been cut or disintegrated through friction?

What now? i've told them this and they say they will still only offer 15% discount...what a bunch of cowboys. Stern letter time i think.

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah it was on the bracket when i took the wheel off, Just took it out to get the decent pic of it.

Obviously when i took it to them last week, it was off...but then they put it on before they gave it back.
Fits nicely into the bracket.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I find legally worded letters quoting the sale of goods act work very well. Just go onto the DTI website an find teh relevant laws they hate that sort of thing.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Send an email 2 customer service and explain everything, worked for me with issues ive had with the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts