Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you aloud to do to the engine befor the Warranty gets invailid? i.e if i put an induction kit on will in invalid the warranty! :?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
it will if the induction kit is found to have caused the fault.so bassicaly i wouldn't touch anything under the bonnet.And if you do change it back to standard before taking it to vauxhall for warranty work

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If they find fault as chewy said theyll be quick to associate it with whatever mod youve done, so change it back to standard when it goes for a service or any other warranty work.

Thats what i did and ive not had any problems with the warranty being invalidated

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yeah 1 year for interior and 3 years for everything else apart from wear and tear items like brake pads and tyres

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah ive drilled my airbox - Im on the lookout for a replacement now just incase mine has to go back for warrenty work.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I Take My Filter Off Wen Mines Goes InTo Vauxhall, They Dun Say Anything Bout My Straight Throught Exhaust But....

My Clutch As Blown Up An It Gonna Cost Me 500 To Fix It, Due To The ' Way I Drive' An My Wheels Their Too Big.

:x :x :x

·
Registered
625 Posts
Chewy seems to be one of the few rare people that knows the warranty! I work as a customer care manager at VX head office, I get at least 30 queries on this a day. Modifying ur car will not invalidate warranty, ut as chewy has said, anything relating to ur modification that faults will not be covered. So if u got springs on and ur shocks go in the first year, shocks wont be covered etc. Welsh_ Cruiser, if ur clutch has burnt out due to ur driving style, then obviously that would be classed as wear and tear as the clutch does have friction material that will wear down.If the delaership finds a manufacturing fault with a component of the assembly, they willthen report this to us and we will asses for a goodwill contribution. If any peeps have any Q's about the warranty at all, pm me, im on the site most of the day at work too lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts