Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am not an UK member that could apology for my English grammar.

Yes, I start this project, but just fit main parts and figure out what more I should notice.
Engine is z12xe, just a toy project that I just want to prove that I could do a budge build.

There are many progress that I can not post it now, because I am a little busy in work. But I will make it up later.

About Remap/Tunning
I got some experience in SAAB, but there are 3 ways that I will try.

1st ) Remap Z12XE ME.1.5.5 system
Because It's MAF system, I use ECU titanium could recognized Ignition and main fuel.
I change diameter of MAF and fit suitable injectors that I can do physical re-scale the load of ecu mapping.
Best way perhaps change to Z20let program or import good mappack of winols but I do not have enough ability to do it.

2nd ) AEM FIC piggyback
It might be work well but seem that will be some problem with dirty signal makes misfire or some issue of tuning.

3rd ) Change to Z20LET program
I think that's a best way but I do not know about wiring.
Because z20let ols files could be find in the net easily.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice.
Someone did build a Z12XE turbo quite a few years ago now, got a feature in Total Vauxhall mag. Home built set up on a budget.
The stock Z12XE ECU can be reprogrammed to run a Z20LET so I can't see why it could not be set to run this? Some of the more knowledgeable guys will be able to help you i'm sure.
Keep us updated with how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I am waiting some tiny piece of parts like oil line / water line / MAF seat and etc.
Next week will start it again.

Yes, It is 1.2 turbo build project.

"The stock Z12XE ECU can be reprogrammed to run a Z20LET" , that could be an issue of keeping MTA system.
Because my country is a little bit tiny that automatic trans is more popular and convenient. So that MTA need to be kept.

Now the budged is reaching 1800 EUR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First start, no exhaust.

Next progress
1. welding flange to install 1.8 sri exhaust.
2. reflash, remap ecu.
3. build new intake seat replace plastic ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today, do a short on road test.

1) Need someone help that I need a genuine a14net turbo (There is no a14net engine in my country )
Because Chinese turbo that will got a problem with wastegate linkage stuck, need some body helps me to buy genuine ones.

2) Got a facepalm problem today
bad injectors, bad coil pack but all is solved today.

3) Need to log and remap
low revs is okay and give a nice torque.
but push harder It will give a little knock.

4) Next
1. fix wastegate issue.
2. remap again
3. install boost gauge and AFR gauge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

1. First on road running without any mechanical problem.
2. stuck actuator do not know why it not happened again.
3. boost setting is around 0.5~0.6bar
(use aem boost controller)
4. need to do fine tune next, approximately no problem and smoothly now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update something new,

1) Need to replace boost solenoid because MAC ones faulty (Can not install near turbocharger)
2) Now replace with regulator(manual adjust type), will replace faulty ones with SAAB T8 BPC.
3) Seems to be boost lag below 3000 revs, 3000-3500 will spool up quickly, problem perhaps as follow.
a) Throttle body open angle limit (unsolved or can not be solved)
I remap related maps with throttle body, not to improve much.
b) Replace it with Z20Let one to confirm if that's true turbo lag or just TB issue.
4) Notice, z12xe software is airmass limiter related revs, if not to scale it, it will do fuel cut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts