Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
specifically we already have gasoline 98 to 1,739 and expect to see this year at two euros per liter, yes, two eurazos, while diesel is planted at 1.45 and rising, how far will it go? what prices do you have there?

we will burn the streets when ayuso is in power xD

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and you see it normal? at what prices are you?

The other day I saw in a store that if it is worth less, they earn more, they are on sale and it was worth a colony 3e less the pot, and I ended up buying two with the sales, if it was worth the usual price I would take only one

And like this, if instead of 1.40 it was worth 0.80 or 1 a weekend you end up in more places spending more money without worrying, I now have been since month 10, which is on the rise here, taking the corsa one or two at month for this reason, esque in Spain with € 10 you do not buy 7 liters of diesel, in the corsa it is impossible

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Most fuel stations are over £1.46/L for regular fuel around Oxford. 99 octane is closer to £1.60/L now it was a bit more at the end of last year.

Pity wages haven't gone up by the same amount since I started driving, then I would be on close to £300,000/year. It was well under £1/gallon back then.
I believe some of the high prices are down to world leaders trying to force combustion engine'd vehicles off the road as part of the "green" agender.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I put €20 of 95 in the Modus yesterday at €1.31 per litre, but I distinctly remember the volume I got was about 13.75 litres, which equates to €1.45

It was an unattended Petroprix station. I shall have to pay more attention next time - in case there is some misleading going on with displayed prices.

·
Registered
307 Posts
In Croatia its about 1.5€ / liter of 95, diesel is few cents cheaper. But despite claims of ruined fuel pimps, i go 10km away in Bosnia where the fuel price is about 1.1€ / liter. 😁

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
It reminds me that I try to fill up with diesel in a Basque station just before the French border where the Macron Tax kicks in. >60% of the fuel price is government tax.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here portugal is scary stepping on the 95 at 1.82€, but if all the people say "holy this is so expensive" and keep throwing they will continue to rise

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It would take a lot of people to stop buying fuel for quite a few weeks for the price to be dropped.
I do remember people saying how crazy the price was when it approached £1/gallon (4.5L) and that it would never pass £2/gallon but now its around £6.62/gallon and no doubt before long it will be over £10/gallon
I fill the car up when I need fuel and swallow the cost as if I need it I need it. I do find that I drive a lot less now with the rising costs though. I try to plan trips to do as much as I can in one outing in a loop to save fuel and quite often walk to the shop 3 miles instead of driving. I do more shopping on line too as it's cheaper than going out in the car.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
That is the point of what used to be, in the UK, called the "fuel tax escalator". To make us think about whether burning dead dinosaurs was really necessary. The problem was, as it often is, "all stick and no carrot" with the Treasury Department deciding this was a great tax raising vehicle (terrible pun, there) without any alternative provided (apart from tying up your shoelaces) to the ordinary public. No public transport investment, no convenient EV charging stations, no affordable EVs. Just ever increasing taxes.

Even recently, Delta Romeo and I sat in his new Tesla for 30 minutes watching Youtube and talking, at a rapid recharging centre (almost certainly paid for by Tesla) in the middle of nowhere.

As a side note, I remember when the UK Budget announced that the Chancellor was putting another 2p on a gallon of fuel. Then, fuel was sold in litres and, in the same year, the Chancellor annnounced he was putting another 2p on a litre (0.2 gallon) of fuel. Nice trick, and it worked every subsequent year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts