Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to create a mini website with my pics and vids on.....

Is there a place where i can get .co.uk registered for cheap and also somewhere with LOADS of webspace cheap??.... Gonna need at least 100mb MINIMUM......

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually it doesnt have to be free but needs to be cheap :p

Want a .co.uk addy too :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on more much you want to pay and also what services you want from the hosting like do you need php, asp, ssi, mysql support?? If not might be a bit cheaper. Try just signing up for a new ISP account that offers users a fair amount of webspace for free then get your .co.uk domain to forward to this masking the free hosting address. I've done this in the past its a cheap alternative to paying out for hosting if you dont need php/asp support etc.

My personal webpage (http://simonreading.me.uk) is hosted by http://www.1on1names.co.uk which is also where I registered all my domain names (including corsa-c.co.uk). They give me some nice asp hosting and Access database access. But its arounf the £60 mark per year for the cheapest package.

I am currently hosting corsa.co.uk/corsa-c.com on with a very good company in the USA called DigitalBreak (http://www.digitalbreak.com). They are very helpful and do quite a few good hosting packages with are on Linux servers supporting php etc. I got a nice deal when I signed up and they always get back to me with in 24 hours when I mail them with any problems. Its only $2.99/ month for their cheapest hosting which is quite good but you have to pay by paypal to convert $$$ to £££.

Anymore questions let me know I did quite alot of looking about for hosting for my sites a few months ago.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can register a domain name at http://www.123-reg.com/

.co.uk names are £6.08p for 2 years and you can use their web and email forwarding which means you could have [email protected] forwarded to your normal email address and the domain name forwarded to any webspace you may have whether it be free or paid for.

They also do hosting where you can get 100Mb for £22.42/year but a £11.74 sepup fee on top of that.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Look at me!

No really, I pay £22 for a broadband service that comes with 250Mb storage. Web Hosting is free, so go to 123-reg and buy a name for £6 for 2 years and transfer it to your provider. Noonster, with a 1MB service, I'm surprised you don't get any space with it. If you fancy Broadband, or even transfering your account, click the link on my page! Honestly they give a good service, and space for your website.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmm Well im on Pipex 1mb Broadband - Im sure they have given me some webspace for free - will have to check it out.... as i can then just register the name at 124-reg...

Thanks lads :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Can't believe i signed up just to say this, but can't be arsed sending an e-mail 8)

Anywho, ill give you 1GB of space on my Dedicated server since im in a nice mood . 21 GB bandwidth a month .. which should be enough. Just register the domain name - and ill host it for free :D

AJ

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AdulteratedJedi said:
Can't believe i signed up just to say this, but can't be arsed sending an e-mail 8)

Anywho, ill give you 1GB of space on my Dedicated server since im in a nice mood . 21 GB bandwidth a month .. which should be enough. Just register the domain name - and ill host it for free :D

AJ
You could of said that last night :roll:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah no probs..... will log into MSN later and you can explain more....

OH and it best be reliable :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ka$h still need you to host them for now if thats ok - will let you know when i have them uploaded to webspace then you can have your space back

is that ok??

Really appreciate your help mate :D

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Not a problem. At the rate they were coming, I as gonna be out of space by next Wednesday! I might have another couple to host for other by the sound of things, so It'll keep me busy.

I'll keep then on there as long as poss, cos I don't use it for anything else apart from pics for here anyway.

Oh, and your welcome mate :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ka$h let me know when you do delete them then - thanks.....

AJ - cant you read :p , look below

ka$h said:
Look at me!

No really, I pay £22 for a broadband service that comes with 250Mb storage. Web Hosting is free, so go to 123-reg and buy a name for £6 for 2 years and transfer it to your provider. Noonster, with a 1MB service, I'm surprised you don't get any space with it. If you fancy Broadband, or even transfering your account, click the link on my page! Honestly they give a good service, and space for your website.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.