Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drivers side is sopping wet, passenger side is dry.

Are there any traditional corsa c related areas to check that might cause the wet getting in - door seals? a blocked drain in the scuttle?

It's not coolant so not the matrix and the screen seal looks good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet, I can see what needs to be done via youtube but on all the videos they leave the plate in and apply more sealant, would it not be a better job to remove bulkhead/firewall plate and re-apply sealant before re-fitting or is that too much hassle for no real advantage?
I'm going to leave it until my van is back on the road so I have back up transport and then do the seal and replace the timing chain at the same time. Take my time and do it right...hopefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done this job on my own Corsa C 2004 a few years ago . No need to remove the bulkhead plate you can remove enough of the old seal by scraping it out with a small screwdriver . I then used a small old allen key to get even more out . Just use a good quality sealant I used Sikkaflex 221 black . I think the problems people have is when they try to seal over the top without removing the Servo . I've not had any water in since I did the job and it's probably 5 years ago or more now my Corsa is now 17+ years old on a 2004 plate . the old sealant is really poor it was all cracked and dry and crumbly at the bottom section , but seemed ok at the top it was like old 'bluetack'
Just take your time there is a guide online you can even cheat and just move the brake master cylinder to one side so you don't even have to bleed the brakes .
I purchased a new servo seal from Vauxhall was just under a £5 , £11 for the Sikkaflex and £3.50 for some dot 4 brake fluid it's a cheap enough job just take your time all in all a couple of days
I didn't bother trying to remove the carpets whilst I was doing the front part of the job I removed the carpet trim near the door and used a fan heater on a small stool to dry underneath the carpet after I had got as much water off the top side using a cloth .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not yet, I can see what needs to be done via youtube but on all the videos they leave the plate in and apply more sealant, would it not be a better job to remove bulkhead/firewall plate and re-apply sealant before re-fitting or is that too much hassle for no real advantage?
I'm going to leave it until my van is back on the road so I have back up transport and then do the seal and replace the timing chain at the same time. Take my time and do it right...hopefully.
Drivers side is sopping wet, passenger side is dry.

Are there any traditional corsa c related areas to check that might cause the wet getting in - door seals? a blocked drain in the scuttle?

It's not coolant so not the matrix and the screen seal looks good.

youtube chanel the savage garage had the most detailed vid i've seen, watched that a couple of times and then fixed my own leaky corsa !

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done this job on my own Corsa C 2004 a few years ago . No need to remove the bulkhead plate you can remove enough of the old seal by scraping it out with a small screwdriver . I then used a small old allen key to get even more out . Just use a good quality sealant I used Sikkaflex 221 black . I think the problems people have is when they try to seal over the top without removing the Servo . I've not had any water in since I did the job and it's probably 5 years ago or more now my Corsa is now 17+ years old on a 2004 plate . the old sealant is really poor it was all cracked and dry and crumbly at the bottom section , but seemed ok at the top it was like old 'bluetack'
Just take your time there is a guide online you can even cheat and just move the brake master cylinder to one side so you don't even have to bleed the brakes .
I purchased a new servo seal from Vauxhall was just under a £5 , £11 for the Sikkaflex and £3.50 for some dot 4 brake fluid it's a cheap enough job just take your time all in all a couple of days
I didn't bother trying to remove the carpets whilst I was doing the front part of the job I removed the carpet trim near the door and used a fan heater on a small stool to dry underneath the carpet after I had got as much water off the top side using a cloth .
I wasn't the only one then thought it look like blue tack then lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.