Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side is sopping wet, passenger side is dry.

Are there any traditional corsa c related areas to check that might cause the wet getting in - door seals? a blocked drain in the scuttle?

It's not coolant so not the matrix and the screen seal looks good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet, I can see what needs to be done via youtube but on all the videos they leave the plate in and apply more sealant, would it not be a better job to remove bulkhead/firewall plate and re-apply sealant before re-fitting or is that too much hassle for no real advantage?
I'm going to leave it until my van is back on the road so I have back up transport and then do the seal and replace the timing chain at the same time. Take my time and do it right...hopefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done this job on my own Corsa C 2004 a few years ago . No need to remove the bulkhead plate you can remove enough of the old seal by scraping it out with a small screwdriver . I then used a small old allen key to get even more out . Just use a good quality sealant I used Sikkaflex 221 black . I think the problems people have is when they try to seal over the top without removing the Servo . I've not had any water in since I did the job and it's probably 5 years ago or more now my Corsa is now 17+ years old on a 2004 plate . the old sealant is really poor it was all cracked and dry and crumbly at the bottom section , but seemed ok at the top it was like old 'bluetack'
Just take your time there is a guide online you can even cheat and just move the brake master cylinder to one side so you don't even have to bleed the brakes .
I purchased a new servo seal from Vauxhall was just under a £5 , £11 for the Sikkaflex and £3.50 for some dot 4 brake fluid it's a cheap enough job just take your time all in all a couple of days
I didn't bother trying to remove the carpets whilst I was doing the front part of the job I removed the carpet trim near the door and used a fan heater on a small stool to dry underneath the carpet after I had got as much water off the top side using a cloth .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts