Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving the car it seems like the engine goes off (all gauges drop down and parking light comes on) but the car is still running and not losing power. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
It could be your connection to the dials is ropey (might be solved by a whack to the plexiglass or by dismantling a bit of dashboard plastic and making sure the connection is secure) but, just in case, it could be useful to give a bit more info about your car year and engine just to help. Also worth doing a pedal test and seeing what codes come up, if any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be your connection to the dials is ropey (might be solved by a whack to the plexiglass or by dismantling a bit of dashboard plastic and making sure the connection is secure) but, just in case, it could be useful to give a bit more info about your car year and engine just to help. Also worth doing a pedal test and seeing what codes come up, if any.
thanks! It’s 02 plate 1.2 petrol engine.
Tried pedal test but just constantly flashes so think that means no fault code if no pause between to represent a number

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
A loose connection round the back of the dials is quite common and can sometimes lead to seriously annoying reliability as the car's internal communications get cranky. I've seen a lot of threads in my time here. Some people do a TV repairman thump and problem solved but I'd be nervous about too many or too hard. It's a more time-consuming faff to get the cluster out and make sure the ribbon connection is firm, but a less agricultural fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts