Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my mate have a little debate on our hands, whatever i say is good, is crap to him and whatever he says is good is crap to me... just to clarify... would you say vibe amps are ****? and would you say juice amps are better? apparently juice are the best amps in the world... he has 500 pound to spend on audio equipment, i sed by a top notch clarion cd dvd flip out screen for about 300, and by a sub and amp set up for about 200. but he sed 'pioneer stereo, juice 2400w 4 channel amp, 2 alpine 6x9's and a kenwood 1400wsub

·
Premier Member
6,638 Posts
vibe's pretty shit tbh. you get what you pay for. I have a juice 2400 watt amp with two 12 inch Pioneer subs. Sounds shit hot. I personally don't like flip out screens, i think they look shit and are a bit chavvy tbh. Get an alpine with a rear USB output so you can feed a wire into your glovebox that plays music from your iPod. And I wouldn't personally put 6x9's in before upgrading the front speakers. Your best bets pm'ing teamsb, i think that's his username.

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Vibe's competition level amps are good, anything else isn't really that good. I wouldn't say Juice are the best amps in the world either, as if they are so good how come I've never heard of them? :lol:

As for your second question, your not going to get a top notch CD/DVD player for £300, you'd be better investing around £200 into a decent Alpine headunit then the rest into a amp/sub package. However he'll struggle to get a decent amp and sub with the remaining £300, let alone 6x9's (which are a waste of money btw, amped components > 6x9s). For that sort of money your mate would be best looking at JBL amps and subs, really good stuff for the money tbh! :)

G

·
:lol: pmsl

vibe are [email protected] if you want a decent system you dont by 6x9s :lol:

right go buy a alpine or pioneer stearo i would go pioneer spend about 200 on the headunit and 300 on the sub and amp

you can get an alpine sub and amp for 300

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-mrp-m500.html amplifier

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-swr-1242d.html

then wire at 2 ohm you got 500wrms

thats what i would do for the money

OR give teamspb a pm with your budget and what your wanting and he will see you right :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Slightly over budget but;

Ascendant Audio Arsenal
Rockford Fosgate Prime 500-1

In a custom box people with even twice the budget wont be getting close ;)

Headunit wise, personally I would stick with a good headunit instead of a screen...and budget around £150-200 for that

If you need components to...then look at brands like Diamond, CDT, MTX, Rockford....these are MILES ahead of the alpines, Pioneers, Vibes etc etc of this world!

teamSPB

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I wouldnt say vibe are ****
Many on talk audio use the bass 5 amps and monobox 4 amps as they offer 1800 watt rms @1ohm

G

·
I wouldnt say vibe are ****
Many on talk audio use the bass 5 amps and monobox 4 amps as they offer 1800 watt rms @1ohm
yeah but most people that use vibe use there entry range which is crap if you are splashing 300 on sub and amp you can get better than vibe tbh

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
True^
Entry level vibe stuff is pish
But the competition stuff I quite like, I think there was a fella over on TA that ran 2 vibe space 15"'s in a slot ported 35hz box @ 4.8CU FT with Vibe monos strapped together.

Think he hit well over 158DB with it!

MTX audio are pretty good but expensive!

G

·
True^
But the competition stuff I quite like, I think there was a fella over on TA that ran 2 vibe space 15"'s in a slot ported 35hz box @ 4.8CU FT with Vibe monos strapped together.

yeah most people that chat about vibe usually are on about the slick and the cheapo thats why said was [email protected] your old system had one of the vibe competition amps didnt it???

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Yh the monobox 4, good amp tbh, bit too big lol, but it did have the power to back its size.
Still retails for £399.99 even today! lol

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Yeah its all sold now, got an MTX system in at the mo which im trying to shift

Im only asking £145 that includes two 10" thunder MTX subs, one mono MTX amp and custom ported box tuned @ 32hz, 140db system, and box is covered in suede.

Someone will get a reet ole bargain there!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
True^

No he didnt...

Vibe also released the Blackdeath and stated in their leaflets that their demo car does 160db...hahahahahaha does it ****

I remember a guy on TA running 2 Vibe 15's in a Golf...my Focus with 1 12 beat his scores :)

Monoblocks aint bad...its just if it were me, I would use something else like I do :)

teamSPB

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
bit of a thread hijack, but technically not, on the parts for sale, there is a guy selling a hifonics 700w 12" sub for 40, a beat 1600w 12" sub for 25 and a jbl 1000w amp for 50, at these prices are these any good?

interested in the amp more than anything!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a inphase 15" sub and its running of a 1200w juice amp and its canny good it vibrates the speedomitor when driving also the wing mirrors and it only cost £150

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
do you get much distortion on that though? cuz i can make my sub do that, and its only 600w amp

G

·
i have a inphase 15" sub and its running of a 1200w juice amp and its canny good it vibrates the speedomitor when driving also the wing mirrors and it only cost £150
lols my old system used to do that and it was underpowered :lol:

anyways look at teamspb stuff then you can see proper mental stuff

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
tbh, if i was him, id use the 500 pound to do the outside, he can get an alrite backbox, som half decent sris and some lowering springs ... simples :)
But that £500 would be lost when it came to selling the car ;) The audio can be taken out and put into your next car :) Corsa springs, rims, backbox etc would be Corsa specific :)

teamSPB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts