Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
would they fit striaght into the original speaker holes?????????

If not what do i need to get to make them fit in and would i have to modify the doorcad in any way??????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alright mate,

Yeah they should fit stright in but it is best to go and buy some autoleads apators just to be on the safe and then it save you cutting the wiring and as long as you tape each end so the connection dont come lose you should be fine then it is just a stright swap wish i had relized this before i went a brough my speakers only got 5 3/4 speakers do'h

Hope this helps

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that im going to run them off a amp so i will be rewiring the any way and ive got some adaports for the mounts.Ill get them then :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Scott - posted your amp today mate.

There is a much easier of wiring the front speakers in than running wires through to the door. If you put the amp where you want it, then disconnect the ISO plug for the speaker leads.

Take your wiring harness for your HU and cut the speaker wires in half. Then wire the leads from the amp into the ISO plug side of the wires, obviously getting all the colours correct. Then just plug the ISO back into the Corsa wiring loom and use the original Corsa wires to get throught the doors to the speakers.

Sounds complicated but much better than drilling wholes and having loose wires. It worked for me anyway.

Just remeber to seal off the speaker wires from the HU or it will go a bit wrong!! 8)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
IT's easy enough to get to the doors with new wires with the glove box out (4 x tork) and the lower panel removed on the drivers side (2 x torx)

Feed a stiff wire through the rubber hose, and tape your wires to that. Pull through, you're into the door. Simple :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts