Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure if there was a thread already for this kinda thing, search showed nothing, so I figured I'd start one. I have no pics unfortunately but I'll give a back story and add on what I also did to it in december

I wanted a cheap A2B/commute to work runaround to reduce the mileage off my other car, intending to spend £500 max, beginning of December I ended up with a nice 04 plate 1.4 SRi in black with 92,000 on it and MOT til July!

Today I decided to tackle the leaky bulkhead, I previously paid a mechanic £100 "mate rate" to seal it up for me, it was still leaking despite his insistence it was done properly. He didn't TOUCH the brake servo and hadn't sealed where he couldn't reach. I was livid!! I figured I have a few days spare incase anything went wrong (with me, that can be a lot), and spent 4 careful hours taking the whole scuttle area apart to do the job myself and have successfully sealed everywhere.. PROPERLY! It's not a job anyone would ever want to do twice!! This is something that's made me feel extremely satisfied as it's normally WAAAY beyond the kind of thing I'd attempt myself.

And as a bonus I treated myself to Irmscher door pins and Heko wind deflectors :smug:

ANYWAY back to December, I changed the Hagus mirrors for standard ones, changed the rear coin tray for an ashtray (wanted a closing lid), removed the grab handle blanks on the drivers side and fitted a glasses holder, bought a new key fob for the buttons, and replaced the front shocks, springs, top mounts and bearings, front brake discs and pads!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Today i looked at it lovingly out of the living room window. My god it was bitter outside here.......

***I did recently brave the outside and paint a few brackets / top mounts / tidy up under the hood.

And yea: the sealing of the brake booster seal isnt much fun agreed. Been there ; got the now non-damp T-shirt :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Drilled and tapped some parts, measured up and made some drawings of parts that need making and made a shopping list for fasteners.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
measured up and made some drawings of parts that need making
Custom car parts?

People are 3D printing parts for their cars these days!

I have a small list of bits I need for mine, starting with a gearbox mount and exhaust, then the rest are just add-ons that I want, like maybe black side repeaters

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Custom car parts?

People are 3D printing parts for their cars these days!

I have a small list of bits I need for mine, starting with a gearbox mount and exhaust, then the rest are just add-ons that I want, like maybe black side repeaters
Yes, custom parts, there's a few on my corsa, no 3d printed parts though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hoovered the corsa c today. Sprayed tyre shine on the tyres, and sprayed the new eyelids 20N breeze blue. Looks lovely..

·
18,687 Posts
Not today, but recent, but I've done a load of work on a friends 1.4SRi that he also picked up for £500... New front springs, top mounts, track rod ends, ARB droplinks, exhaust, bulbs... I've also carried out the bulkhead seal on it (agreed, not a job anyone wants to do twice), and given it a good service.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this happened a few days ago,

[video]https://z22se.co.uk/attachments/20180120_165227-jpg.67898/[/video]
Those are fantastic!

After sourcing some "ordinary" mirrors for my SRi because I find the standard sport ones slightly too small and impractical, I decided that although I could see things better, I didn't like not having the sporty ones on when I see other SRi's driving past, so I've ended up putting my proper SRi mirrors back on :D

Also I re-attached the rear bumper clips that weren't fastened onto the rear crash bar, thinking this would cure the ENDLESS vibrations from the rear.... but it hasn't and I'm racking my brain!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just picked up an extra set of SRi alloys (3 excellent tyres, one flat, £120), I was after a 5th wheel anyway initially. One of my own has an air leak which I'm hoping is a fixable slow puncture, but one of my new good ones can replace that for a while, then the set that aren't on the car consisting of 2 good tyres and 2 flat tyres will be the guinea pig set for a very first attempt at a "breaking all the rules" DIY rattle-can refurb :D

Might even make a youtube video of it aswell for sh*ts and giggles!

·
Registered
901 Posts
What are they initially out of? I tried searching for some but couldn't find any
I would give you a £ if you find another set for sale!
Came from the prototype Corsa VXR. They have been in storage for around 9 years.
I've been keeping an eye on them since i first saw them back in 2006!

1 - 20 of 370 Posts