Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Today I tried to fit a Hornet backbox I've had lying around for a while. Turns out the backbox and centre section pipes are the same diameter so I couldn't fit it.
So now I'm driving around with no backbox until I can get a coupling for the two 😂

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Today I tried to fit a Hornet backbox I've had lying around for a while. Turns out the backbox and centre section pipes are the same diameter so I couldn't fit it.
So now I'm driving around with no backbox until I can get a coupling for the two 😂
Get some foil tape and send it! Only needs to hold for the MOT anyway

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Anyone mistaken your Holden badging for a Peugeot yet, DR? "The Lion Goes From Strength to Strength" advert that Pug did many years back. Although, in Ricky Gervais' film The Invention of Lying, the Peugeot ads would have said "The Lion goes through steadily deteriorating Quality Control"

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Anyone mistaken your Holden badging for a Peugeot yet, DR? "The Lion Goes From Strength to Strength" advert that Pug did many years back. Although, in Ricky Gervais' film The Invention of Lying, the Peugeot ads would have said "The Lion goes through steadily deteriorating Quality Control"
Steadily deteriorating? Doesn't that mean they had Quality Control in the first place?

Haven't seen a 206 on fire for a while now to be fair, not sure how many of them are left on the road though

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There was a time when Pugs were quite decent; the 205,405 and even the box-of-eyeache 309. Then a heap of lemons. Down here in rust-free, only 15 years old and 300,000km on it, must be worth €2500, Malaga province there are a number of 206s on the streets. Would hate to be in one on fire; the driving position would send my legs to sleep and I wouldn't be able to get out quickly enough.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
There was a time when Pugs were quite decent; the 205,405 and even the box-of-eyeache 309. Then a heap of lemons. Down here in rust-free, only 15 years old and 300,000km on it, must be worth €2500, Malaga province there are a number of 206s on the streets. Would hate to be in one on fire; the driving position would send my legs to sleep and I wouldn't be able to get out quickly enough.
Can't say I've ever seen an LHD on fire, iirc there's a common wiring fault with the RHD models that causes an electrical short after an indeterminate period of time

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ah, thought that was an unheard of for me. I haven't seen one smoking away, although their occupants often are. Strange kind of tobacco, not a brand I recognize.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Ah, thought that was an unheard of for me. I haven't seen one smoking away, although their occupants often are. Strange kind of tobacco, not a brand I recognize.
If you ever see Des, might wanna hold your nose then! There's a lot of funny smells coming from my car, and not all of the smoke is my brakes

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
40 Posts
Picked up the front fog lights for my car at the post office, still waiting on the rear ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Today I fitted my hornet backbox, cleaned and installed replacement carpets in the front (I binned my old ones because they stank after I had the famous wet footwells), and I gave the car a thorough clean - it looks brand new!

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Finally put my rear seats back in, unpacked some stuff into my mum's while I figure life out!

Also resprayed my fascia to a nice dark grey, same colour as electrical tape

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
No not yet, only a work colleague has said anything about it, quite pleased I'd been different rather than do the Opel thing, or the Irmscher/OPC thing!

I quite liked the Pug 309, I saw one not too long ago, looking quite tidy too!

My remaining spare Holden centre cap badges have sold too ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Today I tightened the UJ in the steering column, that got rid of the knocking and squeaking I was experiencing.
Tomorrow I'm getting a stainless steel centre section installed...

281 - 300 of 324 Posts