Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

301 - 320 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got my centre section fitted this morning by Longlife in Southampton - great service from those guys ?
Car is sounding great with the hornet backbox and small silencer on the centre section.
Has a nice deep note, which is not obnoxious and quietens up nicely when cruising in 4th and 5th gears.
Mega happy with this mod.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Nope. Mine still has the original in after 150k and no sign of stripping. Use a good tx45 socket and tighten little more than hand tight and you wont get issues.
I do have decent Torx bits, but my drain plug looks like someone's hammered it in with a flatblade

sigh, this car is turning out to be a complete shitshow

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Replace it with a new plug, I'm sure it will be fine.
It's holding for now, I know I'm gonna have to drill it back out though, think I've got a leftie bit somewhere, should just bind and yoink the plug free

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Reactions: marks152

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fitted some more white LEDs inside the car today.
Did the electric window controls and the headlight control knob.
Just got the steering controls to do and the conversion will be done.
If you ever do your headlight controls - don't lose one of the tiny springs like I did, otherwise your lights will do all kinds of weird things!

Basic SMD soldering is required too btw...

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Fitted some more white LEDs inside the car today.
Did the electric window controls and the headlight control knob.
Just got the steering controls to do and the conversion will be done.
If you ever do your headlight controls - don't lose one of the tiny springs like I did, otherwise your lights will do all kinds of weird things!

Basic SMD soldering is required too btw...
Why not just buy a pre-fitted unit? They're pretty cheap from CrazyLEDs

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Because to get the full consersion ready made would be at least £100.
Doing all the assembly myself was about £30
Ah I just meant the tricky parts, namely headlight and window switches - mine are ****ed anyway though

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
The biggest issue with the drain plugs is people don't realise just how far in the Torx bit will go, so they're trying to undo it when the Torx bit is only half way in. I bought a T45, put it in, then tapped it with a hammer to be sure it was properly in, came out with no issues. I actually have a spare drain plug that may fit my car, it's not a Torx fitting though, it'll take an ordinary socket, so when I do my next oil change I'll see whether it does fit or not!

301 - 320 of 370 Posts