Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

321 - 340 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
A work colleague noticed my shark fin this morning and asked me to get one for his 66 plate Corsa D, but when I've looked at his car he has the really large antenna base that the fin wont go over, so I'll have to give him some bad news next time I see him!

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
And

And what did you decide you needed?
More supportive seats (the stock ones are not that supportive and with airbags as removing those is an MOT fail in Norway), front and rear strutbraces and rear anti-rollbar for now (I do plan on buying the full polyurethane kit for my car at some poin, but that might be a winter project)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
I just bought another set of SRi alloys, prefect refurb candidates, but with 4 great tyres. The transaction was done safely on my way home from work incase anyone's wondering, I didn't have to go out of my way unnecessarily for them (y)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Today I updated the playlist on my car stereo, I can't remember if I mentioned I would need a new tyre but I came across a local and cheap set of SRi alloys a few weeks ago that had 4 excellent (and matching) tyres, for a great price, I'm gonna repaint them at some point!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
I clipped the corner of the bed on my neighbour's pickup yesterday and almost ripped off my driver's side Hagus mirror!! It had previously been broken before my ownership and the top bar looked to be held in place with epoxy. Anyway I'd clearly managed to separate it and while it wasn't hanging off it was vibrating over every little bump. So it's now been stuck more securely with gorilla tape!! (second pic is better). Looks better than it did with the glue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cleaning!

Am able to WFH so have been spending my weekends on the Corsa.
Last weekend job was to clean the surface corrosion and such off the heat shield.
Turned into a long job. Not yet finished but much better!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Cleaning!

Am able to WFH so have been spending my weekends on the Corsa.
Last weekend job was to clean the surface corrosion and such off the heat shield.
Turned into a long job. Not yet finished but much better!

View attachment 35471

View attachment 35472
Any plans to rebadge as a Vauxhall Corsa? I rebadged mine to a Holden Barina

·
Registered
199 Posts
Changed the oil+oil filter today, while the oil was draining i decided to fix long standing issue of foglight slots inside the bumper. Probably as a reault of a small accident previous owner had, both of them were knocked from position. Repair shop fixed them with almighty cable ties and it was not looking so good.

I just removed them and welded them into proper position with soldering gun.
IMG_20200501_115316.jpg

IMG_20200501_115539.jpg

And the foglight is back in place. A little bit of a struggle and juggling was needed to put back all the screws.
IMG_20200501_122458.jpg

And now we shine...
IMG_20200501_124457.jpg

And little bit of stuff from "what have you done to your car in the last three months"
->Fabric on all door panels was re-done, it is better than it was but still im not very happy with the end result.
->Chrome interior door handles instead of plastic
->electric mirror adjustment retrofitted
->Seat covers from Lidl

IMG_20200501_134756.jpg

IMG_20200501_134850.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd love a workshop that big with an inspection pit!!
Me too, it is my friend's place. :LOL:

MarkoM, what's with that hole in the B pillar?
No idea. That remained from the previous owner, and in these 4 years i never bothered to close it. IIRC, the hole does not go to the bottom of the pillar, but i could be wrong. I dont have problems with moisture in the car - but if nothing else, that hole should be closed for aesthetic purposes.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Nice work everyone. I have been separated from my Combo Tour since January (and I haven't driven it since November). Hopefully, my return to UK will go without hitch and Tuesday I shall see what needs doing. The mould alone will be something else.

MatthewShreddery, do you have a 5dr? I noticed a full set of Hekos on ebay starting at £7.80 with little interest. I already have them on my Combo's fronts so I wouldn't counter-bid you. No use for a 3dr, though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
I've recently put that cheap MrFix 9h coating on the glass on the car, I can't vouch for it's longevity just yet but my windows are extremely clean now, will have to see what happens after a few weeks of rain and filth, before I can report on its effectiveness!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My Tour, which has been 9H'd and subsequently had a spray on/wipe off hybrid supplement, has been an absolute breeze to jetwash and it comes up like a new detail. I shall be back with it next week and it will look awful from a winter's standing. I shall update on how well and easily it scrubs up from that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
I can't wait! Hopefully I'll get to give mine a good clean and polish soon so I can 9H the bodywork

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
Removed the rear wiper, replaced the broken front fog lamps and replaced the stock antenna with one 3 times shorter.

More changes are coming!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
MOT passed, albeit needing new front CV gaiters and a bit of welding to the tailpipe. Full service carried out but in future the air and especially fuel filters can wait 2yrs unless its driving habits change. 6k miles of almost entirely 80-110kmh highways followed by a winter storage is not making a mark on the fuel filter, despite cheap diesel (and a half bottle of Redex while Tesco sells them for £2/bottle).

321 - 340 of 381 Posts