Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
Thought I'd have them resprayed black or gunmetal grey, but that won't happen until this winter.

I do like the idea of a blacked out Corsa C, but ideas change.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I had 2 new front tyres fitted to my car this weekend. Changed the oil and filters last week and reset service interval today using opcom so I could set to 5000 miles or 100 days, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
Got to test fit one before it started raining..

28.06.2020.jpg

Yes I know the headlight needs cleaning or replacing, they will be replaced later this year once I find some headlights I like.

Lots of space for a big brake kit in the future (I know they need to be cleaned and they will before getting new tires on them).

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Personally, my favourite look is to just about see the whole tyre - my (wrong size) 195/55/16s look like your fronts and I'm happy with it but YMMV and it would look better not having the front look higher than the rear. Those wheels will really suit the car after the mild refurb.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
ozsubrosa, the plan is to replace all the suspension parts this winter, but I want to have all the parts before I need before I get that project going, I just want my car to last another few years.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Well today I've done my oil and filter and reset the service indicator. I want an early rise to get everything else finished in one day, I'd LOVE an MOT pass with no advisories, but I can hope! Oh I'm gonna put my other set of SRi alloys on because all the tyres are really good and matching unlike the ones I have on now, although my current ones might well still pass.

17s look great, they'd actually look great in white, but that's just me! I couldn't have it that low due to the speed bumps near my work.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Tempted fate today and it seriously backfired!!

I changed both my front wishbones, car drives like a new car, so I cleaned up the subframe and waxoyled it, out my other alloys on with 4 good tyres, went to Sainsburys to check all my tyre pressures were good, they are. Proud of all my work this week I booked in for its MOT tomorrow.

Came home, cleaned the interior of my car, walked around the back of it and noticed something hanging down! Backbox heat shield has come away. And there's an exhaust hanger missing. Neither are massive issues, some washers can re-secure the heat shield and my neighbour has some rubber hangers. I get the rear of the car onto the top of the ramps and the handbrake cable snaps!!

Had to cancel the MOT, official expiry is July 9th, it'll get the extension until January 9th 2021 but I'd rather it was done now while this time of year is easier for me to get time off to work on it!!

Shame, I was almost there!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You did foresee something happening in our PM's, like Cassandra. The good news is that your eyes were on it before (a) you rolled helplessly back into a line of traffic and (b) a big fail at the MOT wiped out your extension. I hope you sort out the problem soon. Good job your neighbour had some spare rubber hangers in his dungeon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Haha yeah. When my car had the ABS recall done they recommended undersealing, so I was worried there'd be a mountain of rust all under every possible exposed bit of the car, so to see it literally only the subframe and rear beam needing just a minor brushing off and coating was a godsend.

Anyway, MOT extension has indeed kicked in today, handbrake cables are on the way and I'll have to make do with no handbrake until it gets here! It officially expires January 9th but it's an awkward time since I cant get time off work between mid-November and the first week of Jan, so I'm gonna have it MOT'd end of September

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
My handbrake cable arrived today, 4 cable set (not including the initial cable from the actual handbrake lever. I don't think I actually need to replace the small drum cables yet but they're handy to have, so hopefully in a day or 3 (just need to find a time slot) I'll (learn how to) replace the two main cables!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Tried and failed to put a leather-effect vinyl wrap on the non-sliding rear door card of the Combo. Stuff has a mind of its own. Also, ripping off the grey cloth left the most hideous gungy-fur which is not helping. If I face the same when (if) I take the cloth off the fronts, I'm going to be in for a hard time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Might have to wallpaper the inside of your Tour?

I've replaced the two longer cables of my handbrake, but the NSR small cable into the drum started sticking "on", so I pushed it a little to disengage it and something within the drum has clearly come off!!

Car still stops, but I hope something isn't being chewed up inside the drum, I'll find out on Saturday after work when I take it off, and hopefully I can at least put it back together without breaking something else, it's hard to find time to work on the car, especially the brakes, when I still need to use the car inbetween breaking things!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Thanks.... it's the whole "there, they're, their, your, you're" thing all over again, I find it so frustrating when the wrong one's used!!

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
51 Posts
Mine lost most of its power going uphill in 2nd gear, and refused to go above 4000 rpm.. Still made it home though.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Mine refuses to go above 4k all the time, but it's the 1.7 diesel. Sorry to hear about your trouble, Joey - hoping to hear of a successful fix soon.

I have just returned from collecting a used but unmarked Armster 2 armrest which will replace the universal (ie, doesn't fit very well) one. Goes snugly over the useless drinks holder behind the handbrake but not screwed it in yet.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
I bet it'd fun going round corners!! probably comfy though!

I have all my rear brake stuff ready to fit, but I'm scared to touch it incase I break something else like last time. I'll have a go when I get my next 3 day weekend off!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Updated with pics, good to see. Not "done to my car" but, today, I got a knock at the door. Not only was Mr Knocker not standing back, but he continued to puff on his cig, which was nice for my hallway. Wanted to know if my Combo Tour was abandoned and if I'd sell it, because it looked nice.

Bit of a double-sided compliment; it's parked up on my front lawn because the gravel-job fell through but "abandoned???" - time to get the suds and wax out again.

361 - 380 of 395 Posts