Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Clutch and CSC needed replacing (not by me) so, while they were at it, I had them do a lot of little jobs that the miserable weather has put me off DIY.
Scrape-free front bumper with fogs (not connected; LX has no loom), leather steering wheel and gearknob, and the alloy ST throttle pedal which is a whole unit whereas the other two are simple slip-ons.
Thursday-Friday was a whole car DA compound but the abrasive was not aggressive enough to get everything flat. Still, with a sealant wax, it's a lot shinier. Then it peed down all weekend, of course.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Need pics now!

I've done nothing to mine since washing it a week or so ago!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Oh well, if you insist. And a big downpour gets me the beading look (another chance for a look at the DR-sourced alloys). Front improved by both fogs and chrome surround on grille

and the interior is lifted by the leather wheel and ST alloy pedals. A full leather interior has come up for the not-insignificant £175 and I ought to keep my hands off the mouse.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Genuinely looks miles better!!! Leather would also look really really good now that it's got a nicer steering wheel!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
And it's whizzed through its MOT, which it does annually. The appointment caught me by surprise ("bring it tomorrow, mate") and I noticed (how often do you check?) that one of the number plate lights was out. Fortunately, 50% working is enough to pass with an advisory. The whole units are rotten so I've ordered in an LED pair rather than pay probably more for used items.

The oil drained out like new and the air filter was so ridiculously clean that the replacement has stayed in the box until next year. When I got the MOT cert and the service book stamped it all made sense. The Focus has done 1,000 miles since last November. A combination of changing my residency to Spain and, although I've been here since May, Covid keeping it on the drive (plus any long trips brings the diesel Tour out).

What is really needed is a thorough interior valet... unless I get tempted by that leather still on sale.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
52 Posts
**** all, had to get the exhaust replaced a month ago as the old one broke in half by the flexpipe

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Joey. I forgot to update - the Focus now has those LED reg plate things that coppers can read from space and I did a pretty decent interior valet. No more smells like teen armpit. Lockdown or not, a scraggier looking leather interior in Bolton listed at £150 has gone so the £175 one might be the price required. Hmm. I've let two tempting auctions slip by with no bid b/c of lockdown; doing wonders for my bank balance but not my childish "buy more stuff" obsession.

401 - 407 of 407 Posts