Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

461 - 480 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
If it had just lasted me 3 more weeks, JUST THREE MORE WEEKS!!

On the plus side, the ONLY plus side, I've had over 3 years out of it and in that time I'll only actually be down about £300 once the car and everything with it have sold, so £100 a year is really not all bad!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
After 3 years and 3 months of ownership... My Corsa has gone to its new home, and despite the mild issues I had over the last few weeks with the Purge Valve, the new owner said it got him home without missing a beat!! He's got himself a bargain, I've got myself enough change to cover the insurance on my new car when it arrives in March. Happy all around, but I have to use the bus for another week and a half!!! I'll kind of miss the car, but I kind of wont, it was only meant to be a stop-gap until I chose my next car, it just took me this long to figure out what to get next!!

Thank you to all of you that have helped me along the way!!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Typical - damn annoying if the issue never turns up again.

On an unrelated (but it'll interest DR) note, I finally got the summer-tyred alloys out of the boot of my Focus. The whole car was starting to ronk like a locker-room towel left over the summer hols and, as I pulled them out, quite a bit of mould on the boot carpet. Bleached that off. The reason I got them out is that I got a £15 (boxed unused, but box a bit tatty) vertical stand. Not the type that stores wheels horizontally but they hang in pairs vertically. Less space needed and quite handy for spraying and cleaning them down before they go back on.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
Typical - damn annoying if the issue never turns up again.

On an unrelated (but it'll interest DR) note, I finally got the summer-tyred alloys out of the boot of my Focus. The whole car was starting to ronk like a locker-room towel left over the summer hols and, as I pulled them out, quite a bit of mould on the boot carpet. Bleached that off. The reason I got them out is that I got a £15 (boxed unused, but box a bit tatty) vertical stand. Not the type that stores wheels horizontally but they hang in pairs vertically. Less space needed and quite handy for spraying and cleaning them down before they go back on.
I got enough money for it for me not to care if the problem cured itself!!

Tyres do start to whiff after a while if untouched, I had to stop storing mine in the house when I lived with the ex!!

I looked at wheel storage but they take up a little more room, although easier to manage! I've stripped all the shelving out of my garage to maximise useable space, no room for actual storage in there anymore!!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
This will take up a load less floor space than having four on the floor. At the mo, I've put it outside on the back patio to let the rain gods do some initial cleaning for me. I really should have cleaned and dried them before just lobbing them in the boot but CBA. Can't recommend the lazy route, though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
This will take up a load less floor space than having four on the floor. At the mo, I've put it outside on the back patio to let the rain gods do some initial cleaning for me
Ah a valid point, I've seen some wall mountable ones that look expensive, sort of like the ones you see in shops that sell alloys where they're all "displayed", and if I had a garage big enough I'd probably make it look like a showroom for wheels!!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Yes, I've seen those showroom-style wheel hangers but they work out quite expensive for four and I'd have to do some floor clearing and drilling which it just isn't the time of year for. This is what I got

which hangs the wheels upright rather than those rings on a pole types that store them flat. Takes up less space and could also make a chemical clean and hose down easier. I've just seen this

which (although more than the SRi set with PS3s cost me) is a lot cheaper than usual and, as you know, I could do with 8 or more stacked up. I've got that many just lying against the side wall after my summer spends.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You just reminded me of an anecdote one night, in a building parking lot, with a car with a tow ball, a friend had a wheel without a rim on the wall to hit the wall rather than hit the wall when parking on his ass, it turns out that Later they let him another car, and we had to leave, none of us thought that the tow ball had hit the wheel, we took it for a walk hanging all over the city and when we got back we realized it, but surely we were the only Mercedes with 6 wheels hahahaha

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Today I've attempted to strip back my leftover set of SRi alloys to repaint and sell.

If my last two attempts are anything to go by, I'm not holding out much hope. Weather's not ideal, but I could do with them painted and sold before next weekend!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm envious of the post, it's a shame that due to the perimeter closure that we suffer in Galicia I don't have a quiet laundry room in my area, because I like to spend hours, I leave you a couple of photos from today

free image hosting

What if a lot of attention to the one who puts the headlight washer, that the 2.2-liter tank of the car took me 3 photos to dry, and take the valve in the middle that makes the donor's T, which is an anti-return water that you like a corsa C from 2001 with threaded to the bottom

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I went and bought a new downpipe and middle box as the flexi is blowing. Just need to fit it. Hopefully ill get it fitted in work before i finish for furlough.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have found using Auto Glym HD Wax or Ultimate HD wax keeps the red paint better for much longer than any other polishes. only do mine once or twice a year.
20200731_165552.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
In Spain we also have the SISBRILL range for those things, it is usually good and cheap about € 10 a pot, and people paying € 200 for treatments when for € 50 and a few beers you solve it

461 - 480 of 495 Posts