Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
521 - 540 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Haha, DR: I just noticed your comment after I posted the doorcard update. My back (and bank) won't let me lift a five-pot 2.5 in there, but I'll go for a bit of tarting up if the price is right; which it usually is on a 15y.o. car.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Looks miles better with the new interior though! My favourite seats are the SRT seats in the Chrysler 300c

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have, twice now, seen Zafira GSi seats on Corsa runners but always wanting £150. Too rich for a pair of fronts but they do look very comfy and adjustable. I semi-regret passing on two pairs of Tigra 2009s both at £60. They seem to be £150+ these days which is too steep but they are a lot better than the usuals. The ST front+rear for £80 is a bargain and I'm glad I didn't um and ah, letting someone else snap them. I've got very used to the driver's already and others in the family approve of the other seats, too.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The passenger door card actually came off and was replaced by the ST one in about 20mins total. It just goes to show, nothing beats actually having done it before (even though YT vids have been helpful).

I don't seem to have them quite as close and snug as they were unmolested from factory, but that's not unusual for me - same thing after messing with the Combo Tour's door card.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have, twice now, seen Zafira GSi seats on Corsa runners but always wanting £150. Too rich for a pair of fronts but they do look very comfy and adjustable.

£150 sounds cheap for decent front seats for a Corsa C, You wouldn't want to know what I paid for the Recaro's :oops:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Oh, I regularly see D Recaros and know what they sell for. I'm too much of a tightwad for that. I saw regular leather Focus seats for £175 and just couldn't persuade myself - fortunately as it turned out. I would like the 2009 Tigra fronts, I have just reconditioned the Exclusiv ones but they are stiff and brittle, but they would have to be <£80 and I can be patient. Probably my only quality.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I sold my Vectra B Recaro's for £100 in the summer. The new ones were less than what they would be new but still a 4 figure number 😭

·
Registered
123 Posts
VXR Recaro's look the business but they're made with the poorest quality materials, the leather on mine all broke and cracked, the leather started to come away from the seat and everything, I was not happy lol

That VXR was a complete shed, I'd never have another one.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
@wu11ie

They were from a prototype VXR Corsa, Vauxhall never put it in to production just made the concept cars, one was badged as the OPC and had blue Corbeau seats i think and the other was a VXR with these seats. The OPC one appeared at more shows etc than the VXR so is more well known.
These seats have been in storage for most of their lives though.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The leather side bolster always cops it from the seat belt, which is like a nylon saw, being pulled across, often after the door is shut which makes matters worse.

I see this all the time with Exclusiv and SXi+ seats for the C. The Exclusiv set I bought had very little damage and the passenger seat, which became my driver's seat, none at all. Being OCD, I am careful and tend to export my regimen to passengers.

The Recaros for the Focus have the same damage and I have seen it worse on other ST Recaros for sale; less bolstered Titanium ones don't have it so bad. Although the Ford leather does seem to be a better grade than the GM, years of hurriedly slicing the belt across to/from work has its effect.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Fitted new brakes 260mm genuine GM parts to the daily 1.2sxi
£69.99 for disc's and pads plus I had the 260mm calipers left over from the Tigra B so why not?
Also replaced the clutch and nearside engine mount again.................
172847008_969936403545814_5685467220292494137_n.jpg
172997861_1318486148532853_4149189815004492833_n.jpg
20210405_092934.jpg
20210405_092911.jpg

521 - 540 of 564 Posts