Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

541 - 544 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
No country yomp today so I hope to clean up the ST rear door cards, although I won't install them yet because the speakers will be changed. I am hoping that doing so (they are in the boot) will finally get rid of a lingering ashtray smell that is getting worse as the car sits in the sun. If not, I shall have to redo the whole lot - seats and installed front door cards - with something more powerfully neutralising. It's getting nauseating. Also, with luck and some motivation, time to put on the summer alloys onto the Focus. Combo MOT is due in mid-May and I am wondering whether to activate it and lay up the Focus, run both, or just let the Combo expire until nearer to the time I actually need a LHD lugger.

My neighbour, who lost her husband last year, invited me to help myself in her garage clear out. Feels a bit vulture-like, especially given my skill set is more suited to the cheapo £7 socket and spanner sets I usually buy, but she was keen for me to take as much as possible. So I now have a top notch spanner set from tiny to fist-size, sockets of every description, a good torque wrench (very welcome, given my many wheels that I just randomly do up to "won't fall off" tightness) and what I recognise is a coil spring compressor but I know I would never actually attempt to use myself. A lot of other kit as well. Having friends for neighbours is a nice thing.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Not as spannery as z22se's day, but I gave the rear and (again) the front ST door cards a clean down. An orangey pre-wash degreaser followed by window spritzer. The nicotine and particularly tars from the seller's rollies will be quite oily so I figured it needed something more than a dashboard cleaner. Like Pringles, I couldn't stop and the interior of the Combo got a good surface cleaning. Doors have been open a long time but I think the ashtray stink has gone.

Secondly, partly because their rattle in the boot was annoying me, I put these sill guards on

I know: ST bling on a 1.6LX is a bit Riiicer! but the Mrs Oz side, in particular, has suffered from 15yrs of stilettos (I don't wear them when driving - before you ask) and used ST ones are £10-15/pair whereas some aftermarket 'Ford' jobs would probably be double that. I'll keep the doors shut when the Fast Car fashion police come by.

541 - 544 of 544 Posts