Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I just had the standard Vauxhall ones off the SXi on my new alloys but they are sh*te as couldn't get the buggers out the wheels after a while so I wouldn't recommend them. Change them for a set od McGuard ones which you can get from Halfords and they are 110% better.

With aftermarket alloys you need longer wheels nuts to hold the wheels on as using the orginal shorter nuts can bugger up the screw threads after a while.

D

·
0 Posts
I got my TSW ones free thats why i use them :lol: - yes yes im a tight arse.

S

·
0 Posts
kev_corsa said:
i just used my standard vaux ones
The ring around the standard nuts that rotates around he nut for extra security snapped off on my nuts as they didnt fit into my wheels very well, so when it came to getting the wheel off the key for the lockers never stayed onto the nuts very well so took me ages to eventually get them off. Thats why I got new ones!

But if your vauxhall ones dont break they should be OK, as mine where on my alloys for about 8/9months, but still think best option is to get new ones with a longer thread as if you look at the length of the vaux lockers and the nre nuts that you should have got with your wheels they new nuts will be about 1cm-2cm longer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
im using the ones that i got with the wheels. i was going to use 2 sets but my vaux ones would'nt fit! they were too short and the moving shroud got in the way.

i'll be investing in some new McGuard ones soon aswell i think.

·
Registered
71 Posts
locking nuts

all you need is a socket set and a hammer and youll get most nuts off locking or not (thieving bastards)
ive got sum good uns,,you cant get a socket over em cos they fit right into wheel without any space to side,,they cum with a special socket set to get all the nuts off as well as the locking ones
when i got wheels(bk racing 17" 15 spoke with yoko)s i was told i wud have to pay extra cos they were a lot more than the standard ones given out with most alloys
told him to **** off as i was spending $680 in cash and he came round to my way of thinking when i told mechanic to take the ****ing wheels off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts