Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have a Corsa 1.2 Twinport 2004 and am a little confused on what oil to put in. I bought half a year ago and it's due an oil change. I've been told 10w40 part synthetic but eurocar parts is intent on 5w30 fully synthetic. Which is the correct oil?

Cheers in advance,

Adam

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I always go for the 5w/30 fully synth but there's no harm in 10w/40. Take a trip to your local large Tesco. Not for the first time, they have Vauxhall spec fully synth 5W/30 at £6 for 2 litres. It's really annoying that the C needs 4.5 litres (plus a bit for the filter) but £18 for 3 bottles leaves you > a litre for top ups and it's completely to spec.

EDIT: I've just looked at Tesco Online and the half-price deal's gone. Still, it's a regular thing (like their £2 Redex offer) and six months since your last change is not a panic. I had my 1.7Dti fully serviced last week after six months driving and six months furlough. The oil and all filters looked in really good condition so I bet you have plenty of chances to spot a deal on oil.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
As above, 5w30 fully synthetic or 10w40 fully synthetic. You can also use semi synthetic but my advice is stick with fully synthetic and change it every 5k to prolong the chain. I usually get 5lt of fully synthetic oil and filter for around £25.

NOTE - the sump plug if original is tx45 and not tx40 which most people mistake it for. Make sure the tx45 goes right into the plug. Give it a couple of light taps with a hammer to seat it and hopefully the last muppet hasn't over tightened it and it will undo.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,307 Posts
5w30 or 10w40

they say it depends on the mileage of the car low 5w higher 10w

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your replies! It's high milage and I found that the last oil the prev owner bought was 10w40 so I'll go with 10w40 fully synth.

Thanks for the sump bolt advice, I have a set of torx will see which one it is!

Cheers:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts