Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I have an 06 corsa with a 50w x 4 alpine headunit. I have the standard speakers in the car and a mutant sub and amp in the boot. (Which is suprisingly good)

Now...I listen to a little bit of dance and hip hop but I mainly listen to rock and metal music such as Rammstein and Metallica. What I really like is a clear, sharp sound and REALLY hard, sharp punch. (Like the bass pedal on a drum kit or the beat on dance tracks). I really want it to kick my head off.

I do like a little bit of rumble which is why I only have a little sub. It also provides a little bit of a kick. But its not enough. What do I need to get good sound for my music? I don't want to spend huge amounts of money. But I am prepared to pay for something good.

Please help me. I don't want to get this wrong.

(P.S. It must also be loud! :))

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I really want punch.

I don't really have a budget as such. I would save up for what is reasonable. Unfortunately I don't know what is reasonable. So how much would be a sensible amount to pay baring in mind I would like it to be very good.

·
Banned
30,036 Posts
Just to clarify, your after a sub and amp to play rock music too?

well rock music doesnt really have much bass does it?

For hip hop, id be looking at a ten inch...
For Dance, id be lookin at a 15...

i guess the happy medium is a 12.

the vibe subs are loud: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2924.html

£200 down from £270, and includes wiring kit..

although SQ isnt amazing...

this will be a bit more responsive, but wont be as loud: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3377.html

under £200, down from £250...

that what your after?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Cheers guys.

Ignoring subwoofers now. I want to change the speakers in my car. If I really want the mid range punch what type of speakers should I go for. (See first post for details)

(I really want to get my head kicked in by these speakers btw. Heh!)

Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't want the speaker to rumble. I want clear punch. Will I get good speakers for that then?

On a beat I want more of a DU! DU! DU!
Rather than a BRRR! BRRR! BRRR!

(Excuse the odd way of putting it. But I don't know how else to do it.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really? Ok. I thought that the sub did more of a rumble. I will probably upgrade to one of those subs above then.

But I will also need some comps. What do you suggest?
Really loud and as punchy as I can get for around £150.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Also is there any point in putting an amp between them?
As rock is the main genre I listen to I would like speakers best suited for that type.
Please help. I really can't wait to get this sorted.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
martin you'd be suprised about how much difference decent abss makes in rock music especially the likes of metallica the bass drum is basicly all on the sub so makes a huge difference actually feels like someone is playing the drum inside your car. Also the likes of muse and other bands which use good bass guitar lines really benefit from a good sub

Also i was always told that bigger is better for hip hop and smaller is better for dance?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
martin you'd be suprised about how much difference decent abss makes in rock music especially the likes of metallica the bass drum is basicly all on the sub so makes a huge difference actually feels like someone is playing the drum inside your car. Also the likes of muse and other bands which use good bass guitar lines really benefit from a good sub

Also i was always told that bigger is better for hip hop and smaller is better for dance?
The only problem I found with a sub for rock music is that it can sometimes over power the music and give too much rumble. My amp is tuned to give the highest LPF it can but I still don't quite get the right level of punch. Any suggestions?

Also I need to replace my front speakers so that they are not over-powered by the sub I do want really, really loud components. What do you suggest?

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
The only problem I found with a sub for rock music is that it can sometimes over power the music and give too much rumble. My amp is tuned to give the highest LPF it can but I still don't quite get the right level of punch. Any suggestions?

Also I need to replace my front speakers so that they are not over-powered by the sub I do want really, really loud components. What do you suggest?

Thank you!
im not that good with recommending things but since adding my front comps it makes a huge difference in terms of over powering just gotta get them amped up now (all waiting to go in)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts