Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys got my boot floor cut out to fit the exhausts and now having problems with install as it cannot go in the boot!!!!

im thinking a special MDF shelf with either 4 x 8" subs SONY

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=19620

or 2 x 10" subs mounted in the same way on a MDF shelf

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=19326

it would be a good set up with it being covered in leather and then would get a quality set of front components so that it would make up for not having 6 x 9's but what is best??? because i listen to like dance although like DR Dre, Warren G, and also like Twista im really liking the 4 x 8" think it would look cool what you guys think???

would really appreciate a response thanks alot dave

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
4 x 8" subs will prob look better, but I think you would get some deeper bass with the 2 10"'s

If I were you Id go for a 12", would suit what music you listen to. But if youve not got the space then I gues you have to work with what you got

- also word of advice, stay away from SONY subs, they are ****: hence the cheap prices

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the pentagon's are **** but didnt think the 8" ones were they got rated good by the magazines for the performance

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also mate could just have 1 x 12" sub but thought 8" would be better because it would be punchy!!! does this mean it wouldnt be able to handle the big bass notes like on Still DRE or that????

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
to be fair sony are pretty shockin - ud be beter off savin up and gettin one or two decent 12's

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Outta that choice mate, the 2 x 10" is best for what you listen two. The guys are right about the 12's, but if you aint got space, then 10's are the next best thing. 4x8" would be excess and not low enough, whereas you'll still get a punch with the 10's.

Could you not fit 2 x 10 and 1 x 8 in?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah kash i cudnt mate look like its 2 x 10" although would one 15" Vibe sub be any good cause i know a dude who can get it cheap!!!!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Nice and deep, but no punch, as the coils take longer to react to the changes. How much is cheap?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Nice price, shame it won't suit what you want. Me neither, as it's too big :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think that 12"s r best 4 the type of music u listen to is there any way u could mount a twelve in the middle and 2x8"s either side then u would get ur deep bass from the twelve and the punchy fast bass from the 8"s so it would sound good 4 all types of music plus it would look well smart :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts