Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, my Android head unit has a function where you can select what function the steering wheel control buttons operate, nothing is connected, no surprise, the unit is sloppily fitted, was messing with it last night adding aps etc and setting up the sat nav.

This is the head unit in question.

I know most steering wheel control adapters are specific from Head Unit to car, like Vauxhall Vectra B control adapter for an Alpine head unity etc but just checking if there was an alternative for this.

Before anyone asks and this gets off topic and if anyone is interested I think this Head Unit is a great bit of kit for the price, mine is only running Android 6.0.1 but I have just installed the Google App, Google Play, Google Maps, YouTube, Amazon Prime and BBC Sounds with no issues, connects to the house WiFi and tethers to my phone, not tried my SatNav yet.

Link to on on ebay: Android 8.1 7'' Player 2 Din Car Stereo Radio Sat Bluetooth Mirrorlink For GPS | eBay

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got mine from celsus car audio, but it cost nearly as much as your head unit. Some don't work as they are Canbus in the Tigra. You will need one with the quadlock plug as well.
They are all the same for most of that age Vauxhalls as well. Used a Vectra B one in my 2004 Corsa C and my 2005 Corsa, 2006 Tigra and 2008 Corsa all use the same adaptor lead set.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I think, but check the website (or I will when I am on a proper PC) that Connects2 do a "Chinese" SWC adapter as the Chineebay units tend to have the same components.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

This might be worth checking with them, along with their Vx interface. As Z22se says, they do cost but patience and scanning can turn up used ones on ebay. I've seen Corsa C units fairly often in my sniffing, and actually bought one for my Spanish Modus for relatively cheaps.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Incidentally (minor hijacking, but I'll be brief) I could be convinced to buy one of the ridiculously cheap Android units to replace the CDR2005 in my '02 Tour for the Malaga runs. I'd even let go of my SWC for the passenger to use those tacky remotes they come with, but would one work at all with the fairly primitive pre-03 setup?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think, but check the website (or I will when I am on a proper PC) that Connects2 do a "Chinese" SWC adapter as the Chineebay units tend to have the same components.
Connects2 do do interface leads made of the finest Chineisium. I had 3 before I got 1 that worked, 2nd one damaged my Alpine DVD multimedia hub 😢 😢 :mad: Lucjily it was still in warranty and came from same dealer so they replaced that as well. Good thing as at near on £900 I would have been a tad angry if they walked away.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not a major concern, just though I would make use of the steering wheel controls in order to keep my concentration on the road.

Oz get one mate, WELL worth it, its it archaic and out of date? Yes, but it will run basic apps and worth it just for the Bluetooth functionality.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The CDR2005 is ancient but the sound quality is rather good. I use a Bluetooth add-on which allows YT songs from the phone to go through it, but the ads and such are, of course, dangerous to skip as I'm driving and I'd rather have a fixed central screen to stab at, tethered off my mobile SIM.

My concern is if the actual pre-2003 loom is just going to hobble the HU's ability to do anything - although it shouldn't make any difference to what I plan to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ROVER-25X - I'm thinking of getting an android stereo as well, and loving the price you've got it at!

Just wondering if you've tried the screen mirroring on it and if it works?

Also if you have any pictures of how it looks once fitted?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts