Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all reckon to wheel refurbishment? How much are you talking for all four to be done?

What about coating as well?... :roll: Got Masitaly VT7's on at mo, was thinking of getting some shinnier ones like chrome but can't really afford it just yet, so thought about coating them proffessionally. My uncle got his bike wheels done for only £10 for both to be shot blasted and coated in gold... don't worry ain't thinking of doing the subaru gold thing! Mine are plain alloy so was thinking of getting them done in hyper silver or something with a bit of sparkle and shine to it.

What do you think? Am I mad... :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Get it done :thumbs:

Will look good - and your wheels will be a one off then no-one will have the same wheels as you ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
resprayed wheels

wudbe fine as long as its done by someone who is experienced in alloy repair,,,,,only thing if youve got any damage or chips or owt i wud have thought that wud bump up the price cos of the extra work repairing them
if youre gonna get em chromed i wud have thought that actually getting them chrome plated rather than sprayed chrome wud be a much better idea,,expensive though but whats the point of shortcuts,,looks **** and costs more in end,
i dont exactly know what your wheels look like but personally id only do all that if i knew for sure theyd look fantastic otherwise id buy new in a better style

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah know what your saying... but the thing is that it would cost anything from £600 up to get new rims where as I can get all four wheels coloured for only about £80 from a friend of a friend... :D and of course if I had chrome I would do it right not spray them chrome man! :lol: Its all done right where I come from matey! :D Was thinking probably of hyper silver, and the process is a proffessional finish where they don't sand blast them first its called something else... then they like electromagnetise the wheel or something and then it coats the wheel something like that anyway... I think its a new process that gets a better finish. Might get em done anyway whats £80 for a new set of rims that are one offs like Si said! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts