Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My corsa keeps getting the same problem, they fix it then it happens again. Either the water disappears or the thermometer goes scewwif. Its done 51k nd its 2001 dunno if other people start getting things go wrong with em around the same mileage. Its loosing water again finding out what it is on thurs if its the head gasket mite consider changing my beloved car. But just want to know how other people are getting on with their corsa's around this mileage. Coz if they're ok I might just get it fixed not sure. What you all think because it hasnt had anything major as yet jus niggly things. Lyk an oil pressure switch nd water cap or something.

·
Registered
378 Posts
totally up to you at the end of the day! sounds like the head gasket tho unless you have a water leak elsewhere? head gasket failure can happen at anytime really! if you like the car then get the head replaced, depending on how many times u've let it overheat tho i'd be very weary of if the head is warped. if u cant be bothered putting the money into it then get rid!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its never overheated not in the 9 months ive had it. so i dont know what would cause it to blow. it has **** in the oil which im getting flushed out but the garage said thats just because I do short journeys and it causes condensation. Because ive had it tested before and they said it was fine. So my fingers are crossed it isnt that jus sumfin else but theres no water underneath the car so where it could be going I dont know. Unless that cap thing has busted again in which case :mad: lol coz i only had it done about 4-5 months ago

·
Registered
378 Posts
if your loosing water but there are no leaks it can only be one of 2 things. head gasket failure or trapped air in the system causing a block, which in turn is heating the water up so much the pressure is causing it to be released from the expansion tank. if your getting cream in the oil filler cap tho AND loosing water its quite obvious your head gasket has failed because the cream is basically water mixing with your oil.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy at the garage last time said it was condensation. So im hoping it is this time lol. Ive only looked at the dipper stick I cant get the cap off its 2 tight lol. But it isnt lumps of it the oil jus looks a musky light brown. :S

·
Registered
378 Posts
the point is tho u say ur loosing water so it has to be going somewhere.

U say there are no leaks so it has to either be the head gasket where the oil and coolant channels are not sealed so loosing water thru the engine and thru the exhaust and or into the oil, causing the light brown creamy stuff.

best way to clear condensation is take the car on a long run on the motorway, 30 miles or so away, condensation is only a temporary thing so should pass. if ur still getting the light brown crap its deffo a head gasket jobby, cant be anything else really! don't let the car run on no coolant tho or else u will just end up costing urself more money!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh cheers 4 that advice :) but its going to a different garage this time becoz the other one is booked up. Hoping it will get sorted! You know how much gaskets cost for corsas? If thats blown then do you think the rest of the car is likely to be in crap form?

·
Registered
378 Posts
www.autovaux.co.uk - cracking guys for parts like this, can source pretty much anything, for a decent price too!

get the car checked, establish the problem and then buy the parts yourself, i always save a bomb!

head gasket failure is pretty common it just involves a fair bit of labour which is where u get ur pants pulled down!

Nothing else will be affected provided u didnt let the engine overheat and u get the prob sorted asap.

it could be worse anyway like my poor engine!

·
Registered
378 Posts
whereas your is a problem with the "TOP" of the engine. mine is more the middle part where the pistons are, its leaking oil from the bottom of the engine into the combustion chamber on 2 cylinders. which bascially means there isn't a propper seal inside the engine (compression) meaning i'm drinking fuel and oil needs topping up all the time. getting it sorted isn't a problem tho its getting the time to fix it!

The joy or motoring! :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
o dear :(. I'll prob fix mine rather than get rid if it dont mean the rest of the car is in bad shape. Coz shes a head turner and can be nice when she wants to be :s lol!! Culdnt believe it the other week got a tank to last 3 weeks and my bf did never again wreckon that was a 1 off lol. shot down wen i filled up well over 1 week to half way wreckon back to the usual 10-14 days :(.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wot u temporarily fixed urs? yeh mines bout that I only do short journeys do bout 30 miles a day max. but thats stopping nd starting. only bout 6 miles each tym lol. h8 not avin a car tho its annoying good thing i ent got college till thurs coz thers no way i'rd get the bus lol do my exam then take my car in. nd hav the joys of either wandering round town or bus home. but then if i do that cant pick it up dilemmas lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
yup, holts piston seal, u basically put a bit down into the spark plug hole and turn the engine over it squashes the compound and it seals the worn piston rings, obviously coz the piston is constantly going up and down it wears away after time tho! i've never been without a car since i was 17! think we all tend to go lazy after we get em! i've got a rover 218diesel at home should the corsa give up the ghost! its got like 200,000 miles on it ans still goes 50+mpg!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ur corsas done 200,000 miles?! I fought mine was alot lol! Didnt think corsas wuld last it much past 100k let alone 200k !! yeh ive started goin gym now i wana get fit again I get outa breathe easily since gettin a car which ent a gd sign at 18 lol!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
noooooo corsa aint done 200,000! think it wud need more than piston rings at that milage. ma crappy Kreg Rover has!! i been goin gym for a year and still struggle running across the rd to work in the morning!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeh thats y i was so surprised!! lol lil engine 1.2 wuld be clapped out by then i wuldve thought. u av trouble wit ur rover at that mileage? lol ahhh but do u work hard at the gym or jus plod along lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
wow this is one way up pushing up your post count! haha, yeh i work hard at the gym! might as well get my moneys worth!!! n noooope the rover runs fine, i payed £100 for it as a back up car, soooooooo ugly and baggy as hell, the gear stick wobbles like a clapped out transit van, but the car runs fine apart from the 0-60 time being about 5 minutes!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wot u mean post count? lol coz were chatting? Didnt fink ther was enfink wrong wit that lol. Im a chatty person cant help it lol. Blimey £100 thats good for a car that runs except the gear stick bit i wuldnt lyk that crap me self driving it if it wasnt sturdy. My m8 got a car for free then a few months l8a blew the engine coz he never checked the oil nd it ran out lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts