Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Household hardware Nickel Cylinder Metal Auto part

Where can I get one of these for a Z18XE engine? It is a coolant connector that sits just below the intake manifold and connects to a Y-tube that leads coolant from the water pump. The part often corrodes and leads to dripping on the starter motor, wrecking the starter. The opel part number is 1338328. Of course, I am in Australia and nobody seems to bother keeping the Barina (Corsa C) going, but if I can get one the old girl will live again. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using the Opel/Vauxhall part number, 90536286.

Thanks for that info, I was quoted $450 Aussie dollars today at a stealership, they literally said they don't want to repair old Barinas (Corsa) and they were disposable cars. Even with EURO 45 to ship from Germany its cheaper than the dealer. Is there any way that I can delete the part? Just block it off, it apparently circulates coolant through the head before the thermostat opens, which is probably not important in Australia.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
you do not have many ways to adapt a tube to the block, if it goes with a joint and others it must be metallic since it takes pressure, the only thing that occurs to me is to spray weld yours, since manufacturing it you could not, try to send it online

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
n not sell new cars if the old ones keep going as they know the old ones are much better the the new ones. Even basic service items are getting to be silly in price now in the UK. Oil filters used to be £1.50 each GM parts now they are over £30!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In this green world, there is nothing more environmentally friendly than keeping an old car going. Imagine the energy required to remelt all that steel and burn all that plastic. The car has already made its CO2 contribution, if it goes 30 years then an oak tree can grow sucking up that carbon. Despite this logic, we get “cash for clunkers” deals to scrap old cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts