Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's recommended to take the egr out to clean it, but it looks like a pain to do so I'm first going to try spraying egr cleaner spray into it while it's running like in lots of youtube vids.

Where is the best place to spray it?
I started spraying it in the air intake on top of the engine with the maf sensor taken off.
It was doing what it does in the videos and knocking badly a couple of times with each spray, but I then remembered I have my egr off by remap so I'll have to open it again before I carry on with the rest of the tin.

I realise spraying into this intake is going straight into the turbo so is that bypassing the egr and intake manifold and all the other parts that get clogged with carbon?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
the best thing is to disassemble and clean, because if you manage to start something with sprays or what you throw will go inside the engine, disassemble it cleans it with a gasoline cloth toothbrush and the bad ones a flat screwdriver to scratch the porqeria, if it does not have an electrical part once clean you leave it overnight in a bucket with kh7 or similar dry degreaser and ready

1 - 4 of 4 Posts