Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I noticed today as I was wiping dirt under the bonnet that one earth wire was loose and not connected to anything, the one in the picture in front of the engine bay. Where should I connect it? It seems to be pretty short too.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it seems it has been disconnected for some time already. Everything is working fine, but I'd like to connect it anyway where it should be. It's black colour

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
some astra G took it to the front screw that you see in the photo, if it goes there connected is a point of mass that the astra G took to the cylinder head, the gasoline in diesel not, connect it if you stay calmer to the engine in mass and ready, the corsa dti for example do not incorporate it

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If it is black it may not be an earth! As far as I know the earth wires will be brown. Black wires are switched live feeds from the ignition circuit. This is how the UK models are wired anyway. It may be a wire that was added by a previous owner/garage not Vauxhall/Opel?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the colors are true, but according to the photo if you follow the cable it seems that it goes behind the branch, and this to the thread of the front with the round nut, that is mass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts