Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy one of these http://cgi.ebay.de/USB-LCD-Farb-Col...cmdZViewItemQQptZBauteile?hash=item4ceb1b9149

To plug into my car pc and show information like / tyre pressures - temps/ outside temp/ inside temp/ track information etc etc that I already get on my main screen.

I want to have this at a glanceable level ie near the speedometer area.

Any ideas on where I can squeeze this screen?

Thanks all!

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
In the bin.

Next.

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
Any suggestions that are actually helpfull?

I was not asking whether to get it or not. I was asking where to put it.
And I suggested 'In the bin' did I not?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
why the feck did you waste money on a telemetry system in a 1.2....road car?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I havent got a telemetry system.

Just a car pc with temp sensors and tyre pressure monitors.

its a telemetry stsem of sort. Why? why would you ever need to know active tyre pressure or temperature on a small, low powered road car?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a telemetry stsem of sort. Why? why would you ever need to know active tyre pressure or temperature on a small, low powered road car?

Its a direct TPMS. Lots of cars have them nowadays. Allows me to not have to constantly go out and manually check the tires.

....plus im a numbers/info whore :D

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
Most probably for show, as opposed to a real use of it. Slightly weird and a waste of money IMO...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
fair enough, each to their own. but to answer your question, id smooth it into the centre console

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
dont be tight lads, its upto him what he has in his car.

could you not make custom dials? and have it inbetween revometer n speedo???

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
fair enough, each to their own. but to answer your question, id smooth it into the centre console
It's too small for the centre console IMO. Better off getting a 6.5" monitor or something and making a proper job out of it. It'll look out of place I think.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's too small for the centre console IMO. Better off getting a 6.5" monitor or something and making a proper job out of it. It'll look out of place I think.
hmmm yeah.

I already have a 7inch LCD in place or original radio so thats a no go there.... Would like to have it in front of me too.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
tbh mate i would suggest getting one with a touch interface and then modding a nice little program for the pc, that would allow you not only to look at tyre pressure and stuff, but also to have controls over other things, and then mod it into a truely awesome mechanism for opening.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts