Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

New forum looks good.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some amps for me.

I need an amp to power a sony 12" Xplod Sub and an amp to power 4 JL Audio 17cm speakers which will beon my parcel shelf.

I'm new to amps so i don't know which amps are best to buy to power the speakers and sub.

I'm getting either a pioneer 7500 or 8400 HU.

Any sugestions on amps?? Any one rate Renegade Amps??

Tipper

·
Registered
50 Posts
AUDIOBAHN AMPS KIK ASS,BUT TO A BUDGET,GET PIONEER OR KENWOOD,CHEAP AND RELIABLE,MY ICE EFIN ROKS,SI ,CAN YOU SORT THE PICS OUT AGAIN

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at getting 2 Kenwood amps, but i only ask about renegade amps as these have good power outputs, for such a cheap price.

The only other question i really have is, whats the best ohm rating to run an amp at, as at 2 ohms u get more power than at 4 ohms.

As i don't understand what the ohm rating is, so if you could inform me what the best ohm rating is to power 6x9s and a sub as i've gone off the idea of 4 x 17 cm speakers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the ohm rating is the impedance which is the ressistance across the speaker from the possative to negative teminal on each voice coil.
The lower the rating the easier the speaker is to drive and the louder it will be, but in order for an amp to run low impedance loads it has to be designed to do it so be carefull, most 6 x 9 are 8 ohms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts