Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.2 and I was wondering which exhaust is best, I do have a Straight pipe on it so it's quite loud already but I was wondering which exaust would be better to have a deeper sound and what I'd have to do to possibly get a pop or Crackles, My car is a Project car as I'm only 16 so I'm trying to find out the best parts for it, if theres any other exhausts People consider then send them please and thanks
Hope someone replies, Thanks
If anyone also has Instagram follow me on there to see a video of my car Revving
@Project_Petrolhead

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
And welcome to ccuk, btw. You're very welcome to start up a Progress Thread, which is a sub-forum in the Your Corsa section. You'll get people like me following with interest but, better than that, useful people who'll have suggestions and fixes for any problems that come up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
On the Facebook groups (there are a few Corsa C groupes) they quite often post videos of their exhaust sounds.
A lot sound like angry wasps in coke cans to me.
I have a 2" Piper cat back with no center box just back box with 3.5" single round tip on mine. I like it. quite a deep sound but not to loud and droney.
A friend has the same Corsa with a Toyo Decat, Piper 2.5" cat back with center box and rear box with 4" tail pipe. That is loud and deep. pops and bangs for fun and shoots flames if your into that?
We both have K&N panel filters in de restricted air boxes and Ultra 2005 1.2 sxi's. If you have Facebook look out for Craig Paynes Ultra Blue full Irmscher kitted Corsa with Orange Corsa D 17" sxi rims.
Bottom Photo is Craigs but he has orange wheels now.
new zorst.jpg
side.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And welcome to ccuk, btw. You're very welcome to start up a Progress Thread, which is a sub-forum in the Your Corsa section. You'll get people like me following with interest but, better than that, useful people who'll have suggestions and fixes for any problems that come up.
Thanks I'll have a look

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the Facebook groups (there are a few Corsa C groupes) they quite often post videos of their exhaust sounds.
A lot sound like angry wasps in coke cans to me.
I have a 2" Piper cat back with no center box just back box with 3.5" single round tip on mine. I like it. quite a deep sound but not to loud and droney.
A friend has the same Corsa with a Toyo Decat, Piper 2.5" cat back with center box and rear box with 4" tail pipe. That is loud and deep. pops and bangs for fun and shoots flames if your into that?
We both have K&N panel filters in de restricted air boxes and Ultra 2005 1.2 sxi's. If you have Facebook look out for Craig Paynes Ultra Blue full Irmscher kitted Corsa with Orange Corsa D 17" sxi rims.
Bottom Photo is Craigs but he has orange wheels now. View attachment 35778 View attachment 35779
Wow yeah that sounds cool but I ain't got much for a budget, So far I have a Hoffmann centre straight through, and atm I have no Backbox so it's quite loud already, I do want to fit an air filter so the air is de restricted which may help air flow. It's not the nicest colour but it is a project so hopefully itll look better when I've done things to it, I don't want to affect the insurance too much as the straight pipe would have already

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I quite like the colour (do you have the code on the VIN plate? It might be Bossa Nova Blue but it looks a bit pale); so many Cs are Star Silver or Sapphire Black so it's nice to see a less common one. You might have a long search for the same shade bumpers, if that bothered you enough.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My Piper system didn't change the insurance at all as it gives no performance gains.
Panel filters are the best option, fit in standard air box and can't be seen. The K&N ones are one of the best you can get but not cheap, however they can be cleaned and will out last the car.
The exhaust will be classed as a mod as a whole system. Just depends how loud you want it to be? Even the Irmscher back boxes sound ok with the Hoffman center pipe. They can be found quite cheap second hand as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I quite like the colour (do you have the code on the VIN plate? It might be Bossa Nova Blue but it looks a bit pale); so many Cs are Star Silver or Sapphire Black so it's nice to see a less common one. You might have a long search for the same shade bumpers, if that bothered you enough.
Apparently its green, My car is actually the Comfort version

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If you can have a look on the VIN plate for that code I'll look it up. It's an uncommon one and I sniff ebay for bargains all the time. I can flag up anything potentially useful.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
69U is what Opel calls Spacegruen. Vauxhall uses the code 388 (can't see it anywhere on the plate) and calls it Space Green (same thing, in English). There are a few panels on ebay but not seen front or rear bumper yet which, iirc, are black on yours.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
This is just a short run down the M6 from me. Anywhere near you? It doesn't say it's 69U, but I could ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
69U is what Opel calls Spacegruen. Vauxhall uses the code 388 (can't see it anywhere on the plate) and calls it Space Green (same thing, in English). There are a few panels on ebay but not seen front or rear bumper yet which, iirc, are black on yours.
I am selling my old front and rear bumpers but yes I changed mine into SXI Black bumpers, My colour is more pale oh and that car is like 2 hours away from me

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Ah, I didn't realize you had them and yes, that car does look bluer and darker than yours now I look again.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I like something a bit different from the usual C, but it has its drawbacks. I remember a similar (but not Space Green) car a member had over a year ago needing replacements for a 5 door. I scan ebay almost every night but never saw one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts