Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um I just need some help with this guys because my drivers seat on my Barina has worn down to the metal edges and on the discussions I've seen so far are either quite old or aren't relevant for me (since I'm in the Aus market).

In saying all this I was wondering if anyone knows about what cars that are available in Aus would be able to bolt straight in.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The Holden Tigra and XC Combo are basically the same. The Tigra passenger seat has height adjustment, the Combo has some blocks to raise the seat height because of its high windscreen and roofline. The front blocks just come off when the Torx bolts are undone but the rear ones would have to be cut off unless you're a midge. I have Corsa fronts in my Combo Tour and I sit very low in it because the blocks are not there.

Other than those, I don't know of any straight swaps. Other seats are possible but you'd be mucking about with runners and rivets.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm not sure, but I doubt it. Scrub what I said about the Tigra. In the UK, the Tigra front end is completely different to the Corsa and I dare say the Holden Tigra is also unlike the Barina. The Combo van is the same as the Barina as far back as the windscreen.

To reiterate: the Tigra headlights are no good - sorry about my brainfart. The Holden Astra TS is a rebadged Opel Astra G; those headlights also won't go. You're down to the Barina and the Combo, I'm afraid, but it's the same in UK and EU.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The Tigra seats will bolt straight in as it uses the same floor pan as the Corsa C/Barina. there are plenty of other seats that will fit from other vauxhalls/holdens to. some need a bit of fettling though.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
D'oh! For some reason, I got confused and thought you were talking about headlights (maybe from another thread). Yes, back to reality, the Tigra seats go into a Barina no problem but the Combo seats would perhaps need some riser blocks cutting off. My Corsa leather seats had a different seatbelt pre-tensioner connection to the Combo's, but undoing (Torx 40mm IIRC) the whole pretensioner and swapping it out of the Corsa frame was no difficulty even for me.

In theory, almost any other seat (unless they're sofa-wide) can be made to work, but you'd need to take those seats off their runners and onto your Barina runners. This would involve a lot of knocking out rivets and re-riveting. Too much effort for my liking. I seem to remember that some people put Audi TT coupe leather seats in, there may well be historical threads. Given the pretty easy access to Corsa Exclusiv full leather or SXi+ half leather seats in the UK, I've never felt the need (although Corsa C leather is pretty low quality and many have the door/seatbelt rub on the driver's bolster).

Definitely, a member here posted up about a year ago photos of his interior which had Recaros from the Corsa D. Not much use to you, though as GM in Europe used the Fiat Punto platform to make the D to replace the C, whereas GM made the incredibly unwise decision to replace the Corsa C-based Barina with a Daewoo Kalos-based Barina.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to remember that some people put Audi TT coupe leather seats in, there may well be historical threads. Given the pretty easy access to Corsa Exclusiv full leather or SXi+ half leather seats in the UK,
Yeah thats one of the problems with the Aus market was we never got leather seats in any of the badge levels for the Barina, and I've read about the Audi TT seats but finding ones cheap well that's the problem.
I feel that the Tigra would be the best route to go currently unless a cheaper alternative arises.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I very rarely see leather interiors, even with quite high-spec cars, in Malaga. Some people did assume that I'd regret replacing the cloth fronts in my Combo Tour with black leather from an Exclusiv. I know, when that August sunlight pours through the glass, the interior gets pretty hot - that's why windscreen boards are used a lot - and a/c helps but it doesn't stop the top of the steering wheel and the seatbelt clasps actually being painful to the touch.

Here's the strange thing, though. I find the leather equilibrates to the cabin temp, my back/arse temp, quickly - better than grey cloth over foam that can make my T-shirt and shorts like cling film. If anything, they're worst in a UK winter (I never bothered working out how to wire up the heated elements into some switchgear) when my body heat is just pulled into the leather as soon as I sit in it. I did get one of those Chineebay overseats with built in fans, but the fans slow to a trickle as soon as my (not inconsiderable, tbf) arse lands on it, which slightly defeats the purpose.

If you have the leather fetish that I have, then the Tigras are your easiest bet, if they're anything like the UK Tigras. Corsas only had full leather in the (rare and 3dr only) Exclusiv but UK Tigras had leather seats in the Sport as well as Exclusiv trim. Both passenger and driver seats have height adjustment. Not very effective, but I'd still like my passenger seat (which is now the driver's seat in a LHD car) to have height adjustment. If they still imported Tigras in 2009, they put in a much better quality leather seat; earlier Tigra leather seats were pretty much the same as the Corsa ones. At the right price, I would like to get a pair of 2009 Tigra leathers and sell off my C leathers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then the Tigras are your easiest bet
Yeah I think that's what I have to do, just hopefully I can find someone parting out their Tigra because it'll be cheaper than a wreckers.
Not going to do it but how hard do you think it'll be to buy some recaros or something and to make em fit the Barina, like could you just bolt it on the existing rails?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You might find that similar-sized hot hatches and coupes with tasty seats for parting out may have similar dimensions and can be installed directly with a just a bit of drilling some different hole locations. You remember I mentioned a member with Corsa D fancy seats? Well, this is a tutorial from the past on how to adapt D seats into a C (NB: it's a Combo, so the bit about the funny-shaped raisers doesn't apply to the Barina):

Not directly useful to you, as the Punto-derived D was not used as the next-gen Barina in Oz, but the principles might well apply for other cars. I don't know your market well enough to suggest vehicles but it might be worth getting some measurements of your rails' length and width, and either measuring or trying to look up on the interweb (or just ask the seller) for any seats advertized that catch your eye. Especially for your sole use, the main thing is to have the seat securely fastened (and the seatbelt pre-tensioner works), rather than smooth forward-backward sliding. If you come to sell, you can always put the OEM seats back in for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You might find that similar-sized hot hatches and coupes with tasty seats for parting out
Cheers man I'm keen to start working on the beep beep Barina especially now considering corona and that, plus my ass is killing because of the worn-out seats so I'll keep this updated if I buy or poach seats from another car and how it all goes with fitment and such!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was reading some unrelated stuff, Slushy (well, it was about seats) and Audi TT seats came up - seems like lots of people use them for upgrades. Anyhoo, there was a post that the Golf Mk4 is the same type of seat in terms of runners etc. So, if the TTs go in a C (after a fashion) then it figures the Mk4 Golf's must do also. Widens your search.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry to hear that something's a bigger PITA than your seats. I hope it's not anything too bad and you get a speedy fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear that something's a bigger PITA than your seats. I hope it's not anything too bad and you get a speedy fix.
Well if you think a broken clutch pedal and possible broken clutch master cylinder is a smaller PITA than seats then you're bugging mate 😂 all goods tho I've already undone everything all I'm waiting on is the parts and for the mechanic to put it together, taking it apart was a big enough hassle and I have the scares to prove it 😂😂

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Well, I couldn't be sure that some real life-changer had made comfier seats something of a minor issue, so I'm glad it's not anything like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I couldn't be sure that some real life-changer had made comfier seats something of a minor issue, so I'm glad it's not anything like that.
Yeah nah it's alright I'll just be without a car for a bit which is a shame, I might have to buy something cheap with rego just to get me by until the Beep-beep Barina is back up and running

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah nah it's alright I'll just be without a car for a bit which is a shame, I might have to buy something cheap with rego just to get me by until the Beep-beep Barina is back up and running
I'M BACKKK, shes up and running again and hopefully the Barina wont have the same problem any time ever 😅

1 - 20 of 24 Posts