Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right basically I am going to be without my corsa this summer. I still need to drive about however, so my mum has said if i find the right price i can go on her insurance as a named driver on her citroen c4 1.4 petrol.
So first i tried the price comparison sites and even though shes got 28 years ncb and i have 1 and been driving for 2 years the lowest price is like 850??
So whoever can put me in the right direction for a quote below 500 quid i will send a crisp £10 to over paypal or in the post or any other method u would like.........

Thanks lads n lasses. Bobby.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sometimes you get a better deal without going through a comparison sight. But try the comparison sights then go on the website of the cheapest and get a quote directly from it. Then phone up and haggle :)

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
direct line?
aviva?
elephant?
all depends on circumstances mate, try the bigger companies first

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill give em all a try tomorrow, wonder if i can phone up and get a quote on my mums behalf even though itl be me as the named driver and i know all her details ?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LV.com
AdrianFlux.co.uk
Directline.com
confused.com
comparethemarket.com
gocompare.com

LV is prob the best option for this situation tho.

Gud luck,

oh, and why only a tenner if we save you over £300? how about a nice big Red Fifty!!! lol
LV = Full Annual Payment of £1106.29
Quinn Direct = Premium: £1110.90
Chirchill = £851.55
Aviva = £713.00
Hastings Direct - said i have to call them coz they wouldnt give me a quote online!
SwiftCover - £655.22 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BEST SO FAR. someone help me beat it though!!
Co-Op = One payment of £1046.42
Bell = £1919.60
Egg = Your motor insurance quote £1,284.15
Tesco = £979.65
Zurich = Pay one payment of: £ 861.76

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
admiral
bell
direct line
elephant

I think you will be lucky to get one sub 500 tbh mate. Id start thinking about paying around 700ish

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Stay clear of Quinn, they stuff me up big time when it came to claiming!!!!

If the car is in mums name then put the policy into her name and add yourself as a named driver, you should see some decent prices.
Im with quinn, really good imo, and im in the middle of a claim atm, seem really good with it?
Even get 10% discount on renewal if you report an accident within 24hrs

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stay clear of Quinn, they stuff me up big time when it came to claiming!!!!

If the car is in mums name then put the policy into her name and add yourself as a named driver, you should see some decent prices.
It's what i am doin mate!! its awful tho, to insure someone like my mum is probably the best investment ever for an insurance company to make, i dont understand why just coz she's gona have a (i will be then) 20 year old son, with a drivin licence for 2 yrs n 1ncb it shoots up to like 1000!!!!
MAKES ME SICK THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I phoned my insurance today to add Mum as a named driver, she needs a shot of it once a week i told the insurance, over 20 years no claims and they wanted an extra 150 quid.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
it depends on ur post code/crime rate etc also theres a lad who lives 4/5 mile form me, iv got a 1.2 SXI he got a 1.0 life and hepays 450quid more than me.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it depends on ur post code/crime rate etc also theres a lad who lives 4/5 mile form me, iv got a 1.2 SXI he got a 1.0 life and hepays 450quid more than me.
there is literally no crime rate around here! no one i know around has been robbed or burgled or anything!! its a proper posh area, so that cant be it :( :( :( :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts