Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im driving along i get a wierd wurring sound from my passenger side front wheel

i went to vauxhall and a bloke there said that it was the wheel bearing had gone so i bought a new wheel bearing and hub

had it fitted today and its still making the sound :banghead: its sooooo anoying and i just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem and and knows what it migt be or anyone might know of another problem that it might be????

any help appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
I know this is prob no help but dont take it into Vauxhall, take it into your garage man he will know mate

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is prob no help but dont take it into Vauxhall, take it into your garage man he will know mate
yeh it was teh garage man that fitted it not vauxhall and the bearing had gone but why makin the same noise why lol?!?

do you get it when you accelerate between 30-40? like a rattle?
not a rattle its like a wurring sound like something is rubbing but nothing is lol but is worse arounf those speeds

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
may be your brake discs have warped?

mine do it especially when braking at higher speeds or driving slowly.

sounds like the noise is in the same place when your wheels turn around

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do need new disks he said they have worn quite a bit apprently and there is like a lip on the disc think that could have anything to do with it ???

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
In that case find a better garage man lol :D

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol trust me he knows what hes doing lol so no probs there even had a second opinnion on his wrk offf another expierenced machanic :p

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it could also be the heat sheild on the back of the brakes rubbing against the back of the disk
mmm true didnt think of that

does it happen when ur breaking too and does it become louder under breaking coz then as said it may be ur discs are warped.
yeh when im slowing down its louder or when i corner i do need new disks mite invest in some new disks then...and while im at it new pads aswell~?~?~?~

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
yeh u always change pads when u change discs coz the pads would have moulded to the shape of ur current discs. i rekon its coz of that coz when they are warped and u brake they will make a whirring sound and u will prob find if u brake hard from a relatively high speed the car will judder and vibrate.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeh u always change pads when u change discs coz the pads would have moulded to the shape of ur current discs. i rekon its coz of that coz when they are warped and u brake they will make a whirring sound and u will prob find if u brake hard from a relatively high speed the car will judder and vibrate.
thats is exactly it so it needs new disks and pads aswell as the new wheels bearing lol cheers m8 thanks sooooo much!!!!!! appreaciated that...if i get SRi discs will they fit fine would i need SRi calipers and pads aswell???

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
thats is exactly it so it needs new disks and pads aswell as the new wheels bearing lol cheers m8 thanks sooooo much!!!!!! appreaciated that...if i get SRi discs will they fit fine would i need SRi calipers and pads aswell???
if you get the sri disks, you will also need the calipers. and possibly carriers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts