Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
A grey area, afaik. They have different capacities (44 litres, C; 52 litres Combo C) but the Corsa C seems to have the same fuel tank whether it's petrol or diesel model, ditto the Combo (although, as I say, it's a different capacity and therefore some different dimensions to a C). The filler neck will differ from a petrol to a diesel to mitigate misfuelling. iirc, the 7zap site (which might be your best hope) wasn't all that clear in the past on which tank is Combo or C but you could try the VINs and see. If the part #s differ, then assume it's not a straightforward swap. Personally (and bear in mind I'm an engineering moron, but a chemist with a bit of a fuels background) I would see if Diesel Combo tank ➡ C petrol filler ➡ your 2 litre Combo can work out. You'd have the extra capacity as well as potentially the easier fit. A little bit of diesel fumes in your tank of gas is not such a big deal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A grey area, afaik. They have different capacities (44 litres, C; 52 litres Combo C) but the Corsa C seems to have the same fuel tank whether it's petrol or diesel model, ditto the Combo (although, as I say, it's a different capacity and therefore some different dimensions to a C). The filler neck will differ from a petrol to a diesel to mitigate misfuelling. iirc, the 7zap site (which might be your best hope) wasn't all that clear in the past on which tank is Combo or C but you could try the VINs and see. If the part #s differ, then assume it's not a straightforward swap. Personally (and bear in mind I'm an engineering moron, but a chemist with a bit of a fuels background) I would see if Diesel Combo tank ➡ C petrol filler ➡ your 2 litre Combo can work out. You'd have the extra capacity as well as potentially the easier fit. A little bit of diesel fumes in your tank of gas is not such a big deal.
thanks a lot mate. All it is is I’ve bought a corsa c 1.2 for lots of bits so I won’t be loosing out if I just try the tank

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Yes, I know the back story but I'm not very mech (chemistry is more my thing) so I understand your willingness to try out the C tank but I'd find it easier (given my lack of spanner skills) to leave the diesel tank in place after the swap to a petrol engine. If you're confident that you won't make a mistake, then you can skip the filler neck swap. A diesel nozzle is wider than a petrol one at the forecourt. This is because diesel will fug up the workings of a petrol engine (sooting up sparks etc) quicker than the vice versa (a diesel engine can cope with petrol but the lack of lube will take its toll eventually) so the Tesco 95 nozzle will go into your diesel filler neck and tank. If your Combo tank is drained and slooshed prior to use, I really don't see it being an issue and, after a few k miles, none at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts