Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my new headunit (Sony CDX-F7500), I'm gonna upgrade me front speakers but I don't really want to upgrade the rear ones (I'm just gonna buy a sub)...

BUT - will the new headunit blow up the standard vaux rear speakers, coz if it will then I'll have to either upgrade or unplug them, right (and I'd really prefer to have rear speakers)?? :shock:

The Sony is supposed to be 4x50w btw...

Cheers :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeh it will cos if you've got mint front speakers then your likely to be driving them hard so if your rear one's are connected then your just gna blow them. If i was you i'd spend more on front components and buy a sub and amp, and forget about rear speakers. Also unplug the speakers if you want to keep them! :lol:
Hope this helps!
J

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You could always use the fader feature to push the fronts hard, and not over power the rear speakers! Therefore you can take a bit more time over your install and still use what you have!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I say just drive them as hard as they go. You will probably find that hey distort a lot earlier before your new front ones do so you wont like that and you will probably end up ditching them or disconnecting them anyway.

But hey, rear speakers are worth nothing, its not the end of the world if they blow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts