·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rightio do you know of any higher amperage alternators tht would fit?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got an 600w rms sub and 400w rms of speakers and the lights dim when bass kicks in

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I doubt 120A would make any difference to the light dimming. It’s called transient response and there is no dynamo in this world which counteracts inductive loads in such low mseconds.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Keep in mind that the battery has much more short circuit current capability than a dynamo and not even that can cope. Only real solution are capacitors which deliver in microseconds.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
You shouldn't need capacitors, if you use a lithium pack bolted to the amp it can handle the transients

Alternative is to use LED interior lights and +150 bulbs, the dimming is less noticeable, I'm only pushing 200W or so and I had major dimming issues with OEM bulbs

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Alright cheers mate ill look into it

Automotive electronics are weird, it's such low-voltage that even your cable gauge matters

Have you done your "Big Three" yet? Uprate the cables for the alternator and battery, it reduces voltage sag when the current shoots up - I know US guys use 0-gauge, not a clue what the UK equivalent would be, halfrauds do sell a kit to do it if you don't wanna fabricate cables yourself, or you can order one custom made

1 - 18 of 18 Posts