Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of a good place to get my windows tinted in the Heathrow area? I found a company called SolAce who quoted me £150 + VAT for the rear 3 windows. Is this a good price and has anybody ever used SolAce??

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i found one through jus searching google, they go they'd do a corsa for 225 + VAT, in greenford, so i think your place is pretty cheap, do u have the number for em?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, their website is www.sol-ace.co.uk

I emailed them the other day and they quoted me £150 + VAT for the rear 3 windows. The person who replied said it would take 1 person 2 hours and 2 people 1 hour! Funny that!

I will keep looking but their doesn't seem to be any other companies around here! Looks like were on our own!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its true! Everyone else seems to be from the midlands or further up north! Think we should start a poll to see if thats a fact?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a good price!

Hey, I know its now ment to be illegal to have the front windows tinted now but I spoke to my dad who is a police office, he doesn't know the new restrictions! I know they have be introduced but I'm not gonna tell him!! :roll:

·
Registered
690 Posts
AndyC_SRi said:
Thats a good price!

Hey, I know its now ment to be illegal to have the front windows tinted now but I spoke to my dad who is a police office, he doesn't know the new restrictions! I know they have be introduced but I'm not gonna tell him!! :roll:
When I got stopped last year :oops:, not one thing was said about my windows, they were more interested in the font of my number plates. :x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its amazing how petty the police can be! My mate got pulled over because his exhaust was too loud on his bike! It was the standard exhaust for his bike! They made him go to the police station with his documents within something like 48 hours! They didnt even want him to change anything just see all his documents!

What was the point?? :?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The new law wasn't out last year :D

The law to ban window tints in front of the B-Pillar was only introduced Jan 1st 04 - so that's why they weren't bothered cakeyboy :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It's being brought into the MOT isn't it? I think that's how they're doing it. The pigs may not pull you, but your car won't pass it's MOT with front window tints.

Suppose you can easily rip em off before an MOT and get em put back on afterwards. But that's £50 and a sticky messy window to clean each time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts