Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
My 14 year old MR2 doesnt have a surround on the glass and doesnt do that. Last time I checked, it still had windows.
shhhhh thats cheating, dont think any cars had it at that time haha, although saying that my mums car doesnt do it and that has no frames around the windows

·
Administrator
153,652 Posts
My 14 year old MR2 doesnt have a surround on the glass and doesnt do that. Last time I checked, it still had windows.
differently designed windows etc then i guess, i remember on my mums old audi convertible the window used to slot up into the roof.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
This isn't standard on a corsa. And even on cars that have it, it still doesn't open 2 inches.

As said above it's on cars that have no metal surround at the top of the door. The new mini for example does this. When the door is shut the window closes fully.

Why would it be to do with pressure? What sort of pressure do you think builds up inside a car? And to think about it. What would opening one window 2 inches do to the pressure when you have the door wide open?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Damn

Damn, I honestly thought it was a standard feature in all corsa C's after 2005, a friend of mine has a 2006 1.6 sport, with the same feature and my brother's old 2010 Corsa OPC had it too...Thanks again guys....

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,313 Posts
that would prob explain it then if hes not from the uk :lol:

going to see if its a option i can turn on/off on the op-com later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@db, the theory is that when you close the door while your car is stationary and all your windows are closed, it creates a pressure wave that has nowhere to escape other than by seeking out the weakest point of resistance, pushing the door seals out slightly which can cause one to pop out of place if the door is slammed with enough force. When the window is slightly open, the gap acts as a hole through which air can escape so the pressure doesn't cause any damage to a seal through multiple door slams over time. Watch the episode of a show called Mythbusters (in case you haven't hear of it) where they turn the interior of a car into a giant sub-woofer...the first thing that pops are the seals around the sunroof and windows because all windows and doors were sealed, there was nowhere for that pressure to go. Slamming your car door once may not do a damn thing to the seals, but repetitive slamming without somewhere for the air to go might cause damage....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Haha

HAHAHA!!! "Who you gonna call?" Thanks for the info, I'll get my local exorcist to give my car a detailing..."New from Meguiar's, Holy water Car wash, kit, includes, Holy Spirits for cleaning grease, Annointed oil for rusting joints and bolts, and Last Supper Clay bar(Splits for up to 12 detailings) Get it now and you'll also receive Humble Carpenter leather oil treatment, guaranteed to restore your leather and wood's natural luster"

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
HAHAHA!!! "Who you gonna call?" Thanks for the info, I'll get my local exorcist to give my car a detailing..."New from Meguiar's, Holy water Car wash, kit, includes, Holy Spirits for cleaning grease, Annointed oil for rusting joints and bolts, and Last Supper Clay bar(Splits for up to 12 detailings) Get it now and you'll also receive Humble Carpenter leather oil treatment, guaranteed to restore your leather and wood's natural luster"
at least your a LAD.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know the tigra dose it only when you open the boot though

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It shouldn't need to do this as you have two front pressure vents in the engine bay and a larger one in the rear. All i can think is a previous owner requested it added into the BCM programming

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine does this too... It makes it easier to close the doors - as with the windows fully closed you need to slam the door a little harder. Mine alternates - open the left windows 2 inches and then the right window 2 inches. The manual also says it's to do with air pressure in the cabin

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't know why your all laughing. I hate opening my door and forgetting about the cabin pressure and it pops my ears and sucks everything out............................................ :lol: :lol: who ever told u its for reducing cabin pressure is a legend
:slap:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts