Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My driver side wing mirror is a bit loose inside the housing as shown below and I wondered does it just pull out to replace with a new one?

Ive also got some rust on my bodywork as shown below. I’m assuming touch up paint will help or is there anything better I could try?

image hosting

Thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
that rotten one is very ugly... take out the skirt and see what there is but you take a long time ... the same tocs repair sheet metal by welding a piece

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's gone well beyond touch up paint!
Needs taking back to good metal, rust treatment on any rust that is left, rust preventative primer and a good quality top coat.

The mirror glass just snaps into place on the mounting plate. Manipulate it to a position where you can attempt to release one of the catches and carefully pill it free. It can break so wear gloves and go slowly. A warm day will help because the plastic will be more flexible.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you take the plastic cover sill skirt off you will probably find you need new sills welding on. If you can't weld yourself the car is a write off due to the cost of paying a body shop to sort it. You could buy a better Corsa C for less money than the cost of repair.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies and I’ll get it looked into it’s due for MOT in January anyway and will probably get picked up.

In the meantime could this be the cause of water getting into the drivers footwell and behind the drivers seat or is that likely to be the pesky brake servo seal issue?

·
Registered
712 Posts
If the rotten is perforated it is possible the cause of it flooding, although the corsa also fail due to the servo, it could be of both things, take kitchen paper, or the bathroom, and put it next to the steering column where the pedals, the day it rains your paper will wet if it comes from the servo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts