Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wipers on my friends corsa stopped working.i stripped the motor/linkages out and the linkage is seized,however when trying the motor on its own,its still dead as is a replacement motor. I have checked the fuse and it is ok,what is the most likely cause,the washer still activates but nothing else

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure what the problem could be but I had bought an “OEM” motor ages ago to repair mine when they were playing up... the new motor ended up being a dud! Sent it back and got one from a scrappy. Is it possible you could have a dud motor that’s been sent out to you... hopefully it’s nothing major

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This problem has come up before with the linkages

My Combo Tour's rww does nuffin, on either side, no wash nor wipe, so I feel your annoyance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know,but its not working with the linkages off,even though the linkages were seized

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes, the linkages seem to be a common problem and can even burn out motors but I see you have some other issue on top. Similarly, my rears are probably a relay issue (I bought a pair of motors dirt cheap but only for that reason) as the stalk has been replaced and the fronts wash and wipe fine (does your rear?) whereas neither rear wipes nor pumps water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts