Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to wire jbl 6 x 9's....running them off old head unit and looking to disconnect old rear speakers and wire from there.ive read previous threads and one says to try and pull out old wirefrom rear speakers but i cant, it wont budge.should i try harder or could i cut through the wires or something??

advice???

cheers

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
My first advise is not to fit 6x9s. Sell them and get some good components up front and a sub for the boot.

But if you have to fit 6x9's (but dont) then try harder to get the plugs out. But you will need to cut the wires anyway unless you have the adaptors which fit on the plugs.

You should be able to get in there to get to the wires. Some really long nose pliers may help ?

Btw, are you planning on mounting the 6x9's into the standard parcel shelf? And do you have a sub?

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
i dont have 6x9s and mine sounds fine

but if you want them lok through the hole underneath the rear speaker with a torch you should be able to see the plug, pess on the lever bit and you should see the other bit move, most likely it wont be moving enoough so get your hand in there and getly pull on the catch to help it off. your best off just getting components tho as you dont really hear the speakers in the backq

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i did mine the other week mate, and had the same problem with pulling the connecters to the old rear speakers out. all i did was cut the cables going to the speakers as close to the connections as possable, and using 5a connectors, connect your new speaker cable to the old speaker cable and thats it:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
the brown stripe wires mean negative
i did mine the other week mate, and had the same problem with pulling the connecters to the old rear speakers out. all i did was cut the cables going to the speakers as close to the connections as possable, and using 5a connectors, connect your new speaker cable to the old speaker cable and thats it:)
cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.