Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no this is gonna sound really silly but how did you wire up your head unit regarding earth etc cos i followed the guide on here but i have a apline 9812rr and i just need to find away to run the live and where to put the earth everything else i seem to be ok with

the spec of the unit is 4x 60w it said it need a perment live off of the battery??????

thanks for any help

·
Registered
625 Posts
if its 4X60 mate, its best run off battery,mine is, I have the cda9812rb, but local audio shop fitted it as wen I started to fit it i hadnt a clue about the wiring etc, so just went to Weekes on dallow road mate, charged £10.

·
Registered
379 Posts
hi,

yeah,the alpine headunits require power from the battery coz they so powerful! i helped my bro wire his up. basically,from your iso adaptor,there is a ground lead on it already! i cant remeber,but i think all u do is connect the iso lead to the unit and it will be grounded? I cant remember,does the headunit have a seperate ground lead coming out from it? if so,connect it to the ground lead on ur existing iso connector.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have got an alpine HU and all i did was take the yellow wire and the red wires and swap the plugs so the yellow was with the red and the red with the yellow. The reason is that with the VX ISO, the yellow and red leads are in the wrong place to wire up with the standard plugs - i.e the red is where the yellow should be and the yellow where the red should be. Look at the wires on the VX ISO plug and you will see.

You shouldnt need a seperater earth as the standard ISO is earthed and therefore as Johnny says, just plug it in. :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I got an interface lead with the red/yellow with interchangeable plug in line so I swop em over on a vaux. With regards to earth, never had any probs, just use the standard.

If you feel you want more, use the thread on the back and run a 1.5mm cable from it to a non-painted chassis point giving you a bwetter ground connection.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Kash just wondering, see how i asked you in another topic about me loosing all my radio settings, is this the same kinda thing you were talkin about, swapping the RED and YELLOW wires over????

Do i swap them over on the vaux iso connector thats in the car or on the headunit iso???

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yes it's the same thing, and as long as you only make one swap, it don't matter where mate.

I have got a lead with ISO' on each end, and the red and yellow both have an in-line bullet connector. these can be swapped over to resolve this problem.

I changed mine on the lead, saves farting about with the standard electrics, but it's up to you how you do it.

Hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Cheers Kash, swapping the wires has done the trick.

I can sit back and enjoy my pioneer DEH 6600R knowing all my settings will be there for when i last switched it on :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was drivin me mad having to set it all up again everytime i switched the bloody thing on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts