Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did everyone lay their cables from the amp power in the engine bay to the boot??? :?: :?: :?:

S

·
0 Posts
I didn't do mine myself (my local ice dealer did it) but think they run under the door plastic trimming. Dont think they have put them under the carpets.

Actually not sure really, so this probs ain't no help to you, lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
PUSSYS,DIY MATE,RUN THE LEADS UNDER THE SILLS,RUN THE POWER LEADS DOWN 1 SIDE AND THE AUDIO AND REMOTE LEAD DOWN THE OTHER,ITS THAT EASY

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's easy

I ran mine down the passenger side of the car, behind the trim panel in the footwell, through the door sill (you only have to remove the plastic sill protector to expose the wiring channel) then behind the rear trim panel, under the base of the back seats, into the boot.

The base of the backseats is hinged, and if you pull it from the front, it unclips from the chassis, and flaps forward.

took me all of 20mins to do, and i have appoximately 1" of cable run like this.
:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sweeny said:
tis if u got da keys 2 take out da sills :eek:
I dont believe you just said "Keys and trims" that just aint funny!

The trims just come pop off.

the glovebox comes out so easlily, its either 4 or 6 T20 Tork screws and the whole thing comes out, behind there, there should be a rubber gromit where you can run your power cable thru.

Whilst the glove box is out, you might as well run the remote down that side too. and the right hand side. run the phonos, cause you dont want any electronic disturbances through your nice new speakers.

Have fun.

P.S - Put your glove box back in :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Alright there rich, I think that its much better to lay the cables down the Centre of the car. Its not as difficult as it seems, there are only about 4 screws on the centre console. Run the wires from the battery thru the glovebox then down the middle of the car. Lift the back seat and run them under the carpet.

My m8 and i done it, no visible wires. looks tidy. Sometimes if you run them down the sides of the car the cover plates bulge with all the wire. Especially if you have more than one power lead.

j

·
Registered
408 Posts
Quite agree mate - down the centre for the power is much better -took me a while on my own. RCA down one side and speaker wire back to the front down the other. Sweet............

Dont these cars come appart easily?? Having said that, my faclfit one has different front panels to my old one and they are much harder to get in and out!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
doorpin said:
Sweeny said:
tis if u got da keys 2 take out da sills :eek:
I dont believe you just said "Keys and trims" that just aint funny!

The trims just come pop off.

the glovebox comes out so easlily, its either 4 or 6 T20 Tork screws and the whole thing comes out, behind there, there should be a rubber gromit where you can run your power cable thru.

Whilst the glove box is out, you might as well run the remote down that side too. and the right hand side. run the phonos, cause you dont want any electronic disturbances through your nice new speakers.

Have fun.

P.S - Put your glove box back in :lol:
lol soz i thought u needed those special socket, on further examination u dont lol soz i had 2 boro sum off me m8 2 do me sub n amp wirin in me old polo, thought it wud b da same :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Battery to bulk head is quite tough - if you look behind the battery, there is a black grommet - I then went into the car and removed the glove box and trim panels etc. If you look up, you will see the other side of the grommet. Get a wire coat hanger or better still a piece of weld wire and push it through into the engine bay.

Then get some thinish wire and tape it firmly to the coathanger and then pull it back through into the car with your power lead attached to the thin wire. Sorted. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts