Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lad who can do me a deal on some equipment but is this install just gonna ruin my car basically lol!!!!

If you could look id rally like ure advise!!! i was thinking to get this in the middle and amp either side and power cap and leave me a little bit of room!!! also i dont know whther he talking bull but do u think this sub can deliver punchy bass because hes told me it has but not to sure????

take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3292&item=5703419704&rd=1

thanks alot dave

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
When I got my bass I got it from my local ICE dealer. The first thing they told me was to stay away from Vibe.

It does look like some **** off bass there though :thumbs:

·
Registered
379 Posts
The first thing they told me was to stay away from Vibe.
Why did they say that shinobi? I have heard some vibe subs and must say they are very, very bassy!

Oh and with those subs,you will require some fat amps to power em properly, and when u do, they will ****ing blow you away! Must sound mad,cant imaging a long trip with those pounding out behind ya,may cause the faint hearted to hav heart attacks!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I was going to go for one as they were good prices. But the guy said they weren't very good quality, ie. wouldnt last long.

But maybe they just didnt sell any and they wanted me to buy a bass from their shop- which he talked me into doing :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Shinobi said:
I was going to go for one as they were good prices. But the guy said they weren't very good quality, ie. wouldnt last long.

But maybe they just didnt sell any and they wanted me to buy a bass from their shop- which he talked me into doing :lol:

Got a Vibe 12" in my motor. Well good sound & the bass is fantasic.

BUY VIBE!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
that box looks a little small?.........might just be me...........yea vibe subs are wicked.......dont get a ported box tho

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
audio one what is the best way to do an install for pretty cheap i contacted you but i could get the install done 200quid cheaper u got any good ideas???

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
mate a wicked install is a simple install.........get yourself some top of the range 6x9's a nice 10/12 inch sub and enough power from a 4 channel amp to power it......will sound the dogs.........and you dont want massive sounds coz then you look a knob.......whats the point in making it sooooo loud that you cant enjoy it :?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
strat said:
mate a wicked install is a simple install.........get yourself some top of the range 6x9's a nice 10/12 inch sub and enough power from a 4 channel amp to power it......will sound the dogs.........and you dont want massive sounds coz then you look a knob.......whats the point in making it sooooo loud that you cant enjoy it :?
Well said :thumbs:

·
Registered
771 Posts
nowt wrong wid vibes, theyre extremely punchy even the 15's r

had da CBR 10 best sub ive eva had 8)

may be little, but it sure as hell ws

well made
vry punchy
n ws good at high pitch

:thumbs: :thumbs: two thumbs in my book :D

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
They do look good solid subs. I was initially looking at the CBR12 Active that had a built in amp. That would make the install very tidy, and much easier

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also guys i bought revs this months new edition and they were testing 12" subs and they said the mutant subs were pretty good!!! there like 30 quid and got rated to be a 4/5 overall is it worth buyin one??? thanks dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kind of have to totally disagree with most of you lot here.

Without a doubt i really do not rate VIBE

My reasons:

That much power for that little money tends to mean your missing out on something and that is quality and the fact your buying vibe

VIBE really do not have a good reputation for being a quality brand, they are a budget brand and i would spend my money else where.

The fact that max flower and brevs think vibe is quality makes u think to yourself "hmmm you also think renault fives on 20's is phat too when it is plain wrong" get the principles right from the start.

For that cash you could buy a RE xxx12, nice JL sub, perhaps an orion sub! which would give u pure bass and so much more quality

Im sure some of you disagree but you should all agree that money can be far better spent.

Its like saying look how big my spoiler is on my car then when u look at the car you think why are you driving a metro and then you think why do u have a wing stuck on the back of your car! :eek:

oh and who ever thinks 6*9's make a wicked install deserves to be bum raped! :eek:

let the debating begin! :)

J

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol lol that made me laugh!!!1
havent got a fukin clue about installs but u obviously know summit lol!!! with my last post i said about these mutant subs do u reckon there worth the money????

·
Registered
66 Posts
to be totally honest i havent heard of or even heard mutant subs, so i wouldnt like to comment.

What i would say though, and i hope others would agree, you say what type of install you are after, you say what your budget is on what and as a website work towards the best solution for you. means you end up being the happy bunny with the system that is respectable.

hope that helps a lil.

J

oh, i also import most of my audio gear, saves me a lot of money!

J

1 - 20 of 32 Posts