Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first experience in a 1.8 corsa and WOW. It gobsmacked me. SO much better than my 1.2 its unbelieveable. I'm hooked but there is a catch...

Its been Cat C'd in the past and the owner of it now has fixed it himself (he works for VX too). It looks to be a very good job but I'm obviously no expert.

Its a 54 plate, with almost 19000 on the clock. What would you expect to be paying for that?

Also, will there be any issuses with warrenty being voided due to it being in a crash. It has a cone on but I'd probably put the airbox back in. Also has a powerflow cat back system. Sounds pretty good but a bit loud. Would a cat back fail an MOT?

Sorry for all the questions, this car has really caught my attention but obviously some of the details are worrying me!

Help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
In all honesty i'd stay clear of Cat C's.....:shrug:
Cat back wouldn't fail MOT, a de-cat would......i believe...
I'd keep looking mate, there are a fair few SRI's out there! :)
Good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm he's after £5000. Needs 4 new tyres as well.

I was very impressed with it but if everyone is saying its a bad idea then I suppose it makes sense to save my pennies and buy an unharmed version!

Would a Cat C be more to insure at all?

·
Registered
32,874 Posts

I was very impressed with it but if everyone is saying its a bad idea then I suppose it makes sense to save my pennies and buy an unharmed version!

LOL

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

laugh in his face

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
What do all the categories mean of crahses, is there a,b,c,d... etc?
Cat A is a major write off - vehicle cubed and no part of it will ever be on the road

Cat B is hefty write off but the vehicle can be bought by a salvage yard and sold off as parts.

Cat C is a fairly hefty write off but it could be returned to the road however the insurer chose not to repair which is often cost led.

Cat D is usually fairly minor damage but insurer didn't repair. If the car is a few years old it doesn't take much damage for the bodyshop costs to write it off or the car was stolen and eventually recovered but the insurer had already paid out.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
cats explain.....

A - Car requires crushing - ie. total f****d

B - Crushed Chassis

C - Wrote off by insurance company - ie. cheaper to buy a new car than repair crashed one

D - Repairable

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Wouldnt touch a crashed car, save up till u can get a right one

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Sorry guys but i disagree with you all.

I had a cat c/d sxi. It was fine. If the repairs are done preoperly it will be fine and you wont have any probs and you wont know it has ever been written off.

This was proven to me when Vx even went a put there warranty back on the car.

Do it mate but make sure it has been done prperly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts