Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.8sri has just been written off after only 6 months. Its without doubt the best car i've owned to date. Don't no whether to get a another one or get a Civic Ek9 type are. Heard these are very hard to come accross and faster than most hot hatches.

Whats peoples opinion on these car or does anyone no someone with one.

OR

Should i just look for another Corsa

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Sure it's EK9 (CTR), and not an EG9(Civic VTi - 4 door saloon (92 - 96 ish))?

EK9 - 185 bhp and a light car. Best handling fwd car out there, or at least up there with it's Type R siblings.
Why would you get another Corsa?
CTR's are real drivers cars, you would love it.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Jason - Lovely colour. Mine's Avus blue. Don't do the 3.0 in Estoril, and that's what I wanted. Silver leather is nice.

Adam - Got the best fwd out there instead though :cheers:

Wouldn't recommend a powerful rwd to a 20 year old. Caught me out a few times, and I've 10 years experience, done loads of driving and tests etc lol.
High insurance for younsters too.

A quote from someone who went from a 3.0 litre M3 to a DC2 Integra Type R:

'Just to add. I removed the BMC, YMCA induction kit (with no cold air feed, sucking in loads of hot air) and my god! As expected the car pulls harder, seems 20% faster with an induction note to rival the M3 CSL. I don't think up to three figures it's any slower than the M3 and for sheer thrills and excitement it's leagues ahead. I don't remember having to collect myself and take a breath after driving any car I've owned, it's just phenomenal.'

Says a lot. He's had a few different Hondas, and reckons this is the one to have.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts