Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a 53 plate corsa (facelift) I want to change the dipped beam and sidelight bulbs. Can anyone recommend a nice set of xenon bulbs? I like the blue/white ish look

For the dipped beam I looked at the Philips Blue Vision Bulbs and the Halfords Super Brilliance Blue Bulbs, they any good?

Last question…..

I looked under the bonnet how do you remove the dipped beam bulbs? I pulled off the power connector and there seems to be a locking mechanism around the bulb, how do you unlock it?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
You'll struggle to change the bulbs on a facelift without dropping the bumper.

Also the bulbs you mentioned are xenon effect bulbs. Just standard halogens. Look at getting a HID kit if you want the real deal. Can pick them up for ~£40 now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t really want to drop the bumper. Luckily i got small hands I can easily get my hands in there. Its just figuring out how to get the bulb out, I’ll read the car manual in a bit.

Changing the sidelights looks even harder :sick: due to the lack of space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still cant remove the dipped beam lights.

I looked in the car manual it doesnt show how to undo the clip. The ones shown in the manual look totally differnt to one in my car. lol

heres a image

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone... to my problem ^

I dont want to fiddle around with it much, just in case i break something.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
@ teamspb Have you ever been stopped for those Ring Sportz bulbs, as they obviously have higher wattage?
Never had a problem and we use them on LOADS of cars...

They aint bright as HID's...and these have a typical blue/white OEM type xenon light to them so most people know they are normal bulbs

teamSPB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have to unclip them. at the top push the clip towards the bulb and it will pop off. you can them remove the bulb and it will come out.

these will do what you want: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-XENON-H7...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0f841da2
Thanks i managed to unclip them.

I bought the Halfords Super Brilliance Blue Bulbs in the end, they dont really produce a blue tint really but the main thing is that the bulbs are much brighter than my orginal candle lights.

Changing the sidelights is much harder guna abandon that one. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts