Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I had a knocking noise from the car when I turned whilst accelerating and I took it to the garage - after alot of messing about they replaced both CV joints as they said it was the problem. OK cool.
Thing is its STILL making the noise and I've been back tot hem twice - they stand by the CV joints being sorted and have now told me to "stop the boy racing" and that its my wheels causing the issue. The only change I have from standard is 16" wheels (Astra SXi Alloys).

Surely they are talking pap.. anyone got any ideas as to the issue? Thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Is your car under warranty? If so, take it to a different Vauxhall Garage and see if they can sort the problem ;) Other than that, im clueless mate :shrug:

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
could it be anti-roll bar links?, mine knocks on full lock when i acclerate, dunno whats up

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bigger wheels will put extra strain on the drive train and steering components so they are right.

But 16" wheels are fitted as standard to the SRi so I'd point this out.
I know I know but it was the case that I did point out they were only an inch bigger than my standard and many corsa come with 16inch.. also that they were standard vaux wheels but they still reckon its the wheels.. I don't want to lose my wheels to cure an annoying problem!

could it be anti-roll bar links?, mine knocks on full lock when i acclerate, dunno whats up
Thats the sorta problem I get however it does not need to be full lock all the time...

Anti-Roll bar lins - any other suggestions? Note my car HAS been to an independant garage thats where I got told it was the wheels - Vaux just diagnosed the CV joint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts