Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u reckon?

how much different do u reckon the 2 engines are? thinking in terms of exhaust outlet ports, inlet manifolds etc.

was just thinking maybe some of the tuning things available for the X14XE (corsa b engine) could b made 2 fit the Z14XE ? :dontknow:

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
well... they are two letters apart..... :lol:

other than that i am unsure,

i would imagine that the Z14xe is basically an updated X14xe

but i will ask a contact of mine,. who will morethan likely go into great detail.. and i will fall asleep halfway through.. lol..

i will find out ;)

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah cool - was thinking u see, get a Cat-less manifold for a corsa b (x14xe) and maybe make it fit to get round the huge mother arse fcuker of a Cat u get in the standard z14xe manifolds :lol:

(or/and throttle bodies :look: )

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
have asked.. awaiting the long reply :lol:

throttle bodies will be good as long as you do somehting wit hthe cat and the manifold, and get a remap ;)

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
EPIPHANY said:
have asked.. awaiting the long reply :lol:

throttle bodies will be good as long as you do somehting wit hthe cat and the manifold, and get a remap ;)
yeah just doing a bit of research as i'm bored of it being a slow car :lol:

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
hmm. lazy sod..

not that i can talk.. im at home lol

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
pass he doesnt know..

marky g would probably know.. he seems like a mechanical guru lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
my mate has a 1.4 corsa b. he was telling me the block of that engine was the same as 1.2 b but just bored out to a bigger capacity.
i cant see this is the case with the z14 because of things like the engine is belt, not chain, drivin(unlike the 1.2). and other stuff like the oil filter for example are in completly differant places and they're a differant type. 1.4 has a metal sort of filter, while the 1.2 has a paper filter that sits inside a plastic housing.

thinking about it this is probably of no use to you whatsoever!

source of my very limited knowlage is the corsa haynes manual.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
EPIPHANY said:
pass he doesnt know..

marky g would probably know.. he seems like a mechanical guru lol
i will ask him when i see him

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
stalking me now??? :? lol.

i reckon the heads probably different, no reason they would have changed the block though, if the head's different then you can't just bolt on a x14xe manifold, the port spacing and shape may be similar, in which case you can buy an x14 manifold, chop the plate off (or drill it for the right stud pattern) and weld on a new plate (I can get them made for £25 + pnp each inc cost of metal if you send me a gasket. Easiest way to tell would be to look on ebay for x14 and z14 exhaust mani gaskets and compare the two (as pictures) if they look the same then they probably are. As for throttle bodies, you'll need a new ECU because theyre mechanical, you have a fly by wire set up. An idea I'm toying with (if I can find enough spares) is four flyby wire throttle bodies, servos connected in parallel, on a custom manifold -> you heard it here first, copyright of Mark Greenhalgh. ;)

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might have a look at them mani gaskets.

if not i guess i'd have to get a custom manifold made up which could b pricey :(

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
if u get a corsa b manifold and a gasket, take it to a local engineering/machine shop, they should be able to make a plate thats the right shape and thickness for around £20-30, then just weld it on

·
Registered
516 Posts
hello, i have been looking into this as a fellow z14xe owner and the advantage of working at vauxhall. i can tell you if you want a de-cat then to make it your self use a x16xel manifold and down pipe cut the part of with the flange to the head and get a new flang made using a new manifold gasket, then you have to join them under neath sum how(havent done to mine yet but have ordered parts to do let you no if it works if you dont beet me to it). cams on the x14xe are exactly the same but think the pulleys are different. dont bother with the inlet side though just get the dbilas manifold.
check out this web site to supply parts to rally people for corsa c www.waldenengineering.co.uk

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
MarkyG said:
stalking me now??? :? lol.

i reckon the heads probably different, no reason they would have changed the block though, if the head's different then you can't just bolt on a x14xe manifold, the port spacing and shape may be similar, in which case you can buy an x14 manifold, chop the plate off (or drill it for the right stud pattern) and weld on a new plate (I can get them made for £25 + pnp each inc cost of metal if you send me a gasket. Easiest way to tell would be to look on ebay for x14 and z14 exhaust mani gaskets and compare the two (as pictures) if they look the same then they probably are. As for throttle bodies, you'll need a new ECU because theyre mechanical, you have a fly by wire set up. An idea I'm toying with (if I can find enough spares) is four flyby wire throttle bodies, servos connected in parallel, on a custom manifold -> you heard it here first, copyright of Mark Greenhalgh. ;)

you like a challenge dont you :lol:

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
im doin it for myself, it means I got a 4 branch manifold for my 2 ltre engine for £30 (£5 for a xe 4 branch + £25 for the plate), which is quite a bit cheaper than the £330 regal charge, and the satisfaction of having designed and produced it myself. Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do u reckon?

how much different do u reckon the 2 engines are? thinking in terms of exhaust outlet ports, inlet manifolds etc.

was just thinking maybe some of the tuning things available for the X14XE (corsa b engine) could b made 2 fit the Z14XE ? :dontknow:
for nearly 18 years i though my astra g was using x14xe but its z14xe, the crankshaft is different from x14xe. The part where it connects to the oil pump is hexagonal for z14xe but for x14xe its 2 slots. I'm wondering now if I was using the wrong timing belt kit...my tensioner pulley got snatched 3 times from the oil pump... anyone knows if there is a difference in timing belt kit for these 2 engines? (2 pulleys, tensioner and 162 teeth belt)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.